Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been introduced to a new penetrating fluid that seems to have an advantage over others.

The name is "kroil" it is made by Kano laboratories, who also have a vast selection of other products.

Has anyone here had any experience with kroil? I have started tearing down the bike I just got and have been using it with success.

It is a bit pricey but I think it has been worth it.

·
HAWK
2,576 Posts
Yes it is good but not easy to find all the time.
PB Blaster also works good and easer to find but Kroil is good.

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
I'm gonna start a band that has the name of this thread.

"Penetrating Fluids"!! lol

·
Banned
448 Posts
If you happen to be near a Tacome screw store, they sell the Kroil.
I was told that after an initial use that if the fastener doesn't come loose in 15 minutes to hit it with another shot, and wait another 15 minutes.
If it don't come loose, he said it isn't going to come out.
It's $20.00 a can here, I'm going to get a can to use on my Bronco II exhaust manifold this weekend to see if it will loosen a stuck bolt. I will post pics and how well it works.

·
Concert connoisseur
2,231 Posts
wow, first thing that came to my mind. KY Jelly!

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
I have been introduced to a new penetrating fluid that seems to have an advantage over others.

The name is "kroil" it is made by Kano laboratories, who also have a vast selection of other products.

Has anyone here had any experience with kroil? I have started tearing down the bike I just got and have been using it with success.

It is a bit pricey but I think it has been worth it.
Yes, I have been using it in gunsmithing and handloading for years, I have also recommended it here on the forum, great stuff but not new...
I also recommend WD-40 as a hand cleaner...lol...
Have a good one..Old Dog...

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I had actually heard that it wasn't sold in any stores, I guess just not around here.

http://www.kanolabs.com/

I think it was created in the 1920's sometime. I like the idea of WD-40 as a hand cleaner, it does liquify grease well.

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
I like the idea of WD-40 as a hand cleaner, it does liquify grease well.
A lot of folks use WD-40 on guns, it will gel & solidify and mess up the action, especially on autoloaders and pump actions, so it has another popular name with some gun owners "Gunsmith's Friend"..lol...
Very good as a handcleaner to remove grease & oil, even some paints and other stuff, also claimed to be good for arthritis...
Have a good one...Old Dog...

·
Concert connoisseur
2,231 Posts
A lot of folks use WD-40 on guns, it will gel & solidify and mess up the action, especially on autoloaders and pump actions, so it has another popular name with some gun owners "Gunsmith's Friend"..lol...
Very good as a handcleaner to remove grease & oil, even some paints and other stuff, also claimed to be good for arthritis...
spray some on a spinnerbait and go bass fishing and see what happens! I dont reccomend this as it is not very eco-friendly though but it works. I love the way w-d smells!

·
Daily rider
1,043 Posts
Ok OD, I'm a bit confused. You're saying WD-40 is or is not good for guns? I'm leaning towards not good, but just want to be sure. This is the first time I've heard of Kroil (I believe).

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
Ok OD, I'm a bit confused. You're saying WD-40 is or is not good for guns? I'm leaning towards not good, but just want to be sure. This is the first time I've heard of Kroil (I believe).
Well let me put it this way, when I did gunsmithing I made several $$$ soakin and cleanin the crusted WD-40 from gun actions, there lies the reason for the name "Gunsmith's Friend"...
I'm sure it would be ok for a temporary wipe down, or to halfast lube some movin parts, if you would remember to clean it off and relube with a good gun oil before puttin it away... Don't allow it to remain on a gun and solidify into a hardened yellow film. ... I also believe in the S&W autoloading shotguns with the black recoil absorber in the magazine tube that WD-40 was what was desolving it and causing it to have to be replaced, whatever it was made of would turn to sticky goo that caused hang ups and was the hardest stuff to clean out I have ever worked with...
So, in my opinion, just pick any gun oil or even the old trusty 3 in 1 oil, leave the WD-40 for hand cleaner... I am in no way a chemist, just tellin my experiences with the stuff...

·
Daily rider
1,043 Posts
Well let me put it this way, when I did gunsmithing I made several $$$ soakin and cleanin the crusted WD-40 from gun actions, there lies the reason for the name "Gunsmith's Friend"...
I'm sure it would be ok for a temporary wipe down, or to halfast lube some movin parts, if you would remember to clean it off and relube with a good gun oil before puttin it away... Don't allow it to remain on a gun and solidify into a hardened yellow film. ... I also believe in the S&W autoloading shotguns with the black recoil absorber in the magazine tube that WD-40 was what was desolving it and causing it to have to be replaced, whatever it was made of would turn to sticky goo that caused hang ups and was the hardest stuff to clean out I have ever worked with...
So, in my opinion, just pick any gun oil or even the old trusty 3 in 1 oil, leave the WD-40 for hand cleaner... I am in no way a chemist, just tellin my experiences with the stuff...
I had never thought of using WD-40 on guns, but after reading about your experience I will go ahead and stick with gun oil.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Kroil

My friend who works in a nuke power plant swears by this stuff as the best loosener known to man. Ceal---Good one....lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts