Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a 06 750 Vulcan, put a factory engine guarg on it and am wondering if anyone has suggestions for pegs. Kinda want to stretch out a little.

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
Here's a post from the Vulcan Verses.....
It's one idea of many.

Highway Cruise Pegs note:​

Mounts to front bar of Kawasaki engine guard, since mounting to side bars result in non-symmetric pegs

Kuryakyn 4425 Male Mount Pilot Pegs http://www.kuryakyn.com

Kuryakyn 4503 Long Right Angle Mounts http://www.kuryakyn.com

Kuryakyn 7940 1" I.D. Magnum Quick Clamp Brackets http://www.kuryakyn.com

Note: an alternate, cheaper solution that mounts to the side bars of the engine guard, looks a little off, but still OK: Chrome-plated Deluxe Adjustable Round Folding Foot Pegs, Round, Black O-ring Rubber Inserts Approx. 1-1/4" diam. x 5"L. Fit all standard 1" diameter crash bars and case guards

Engine Guard, Vulcan® 750 * Chrome (K32000-023A) = crash guard. I am not aware of any Kawasaki hiway bar. Only aftermarket stuff like below that mounts on the guard above. Best, Starman

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, will give it a try

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hey Vet
Did you ever get those on your bike? I have a 2002 VN750 and would like to know how they look and feel.
Former USMC SNCO Comm Dog here. Semper Fi.
Ernest:beerchug:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Semperfi!
Retired SSgt, ammo type here.
Havent gotten a chance to mount them yet, maybe this Sunday, but from what it looks like by just pre mounting, might do the trick. Just need a little more to stretch the legs, cause Ill be doing the big ride this summer to Sturgis with some other folks from Maine. Might be forced to ride in the back or with bag on my head, dey be all Harley dudes, but, they have allready admitted they like the bike.
Will post when I get them on.
Riggs

·
Uber Member
1,280 Posts
Semperfi!
Retired SSgt, ammo type here.
Havent gotten a chance to mount them yet, maybe this Sunday, but from what it looks like by just pre mounting, might do the trick. Just need a little more to stretch the legs, cause Ill be doing the big ride this summer to Sturgis with some other folks from Maine. Might be forced to ride in the back or with bag on my head, dey be all Harley dudes, but, they have allready admitted they like the bike.
Will post when I get them on.
Riggs
also on big rides forward controls are nice too

·
Search Goddess
2,002 Posts
On long rides, a ProTac backrest is a must!

·
Premium Member
508 Posts
The peg set up works great--lets you strech out. PROTac backrest is a saver although I had to grind my mounts out just a little to get the right comfort spot.

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
Maine to Sturgis! Now thats a ride !!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
When I get back, I'll call you from the hospital after they do a assectomy on me.

·
Registered
22 Posts
leg numbness

I bought pegs last year from a local shop and installed them right on my highway bars. They were great for about 1/2 hour and then my calves started to go numb. I have since put pipe insulation on them and boy what a difference. On a long haul you will see what I mean. They look a bit strange but very comfortable.

Derek

1 - 12 of 12 Posts