Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is my question, sure, the passenger seat is tight for my wife but she isn't complaining about the front to back size, she is complaining about the comfort. She tells me the passenger seat is uncomfortable right down the middle from front to back as if she is sitting on a metal hump and it feels narrow to her.
Anyway, I was looking at the Butty Buddy, and pads like that or replacing the entire seat. For all you 2-up riders... what do you recommend for passenger comfort?
I need to make her a little more comfortable because I have no intentions of selling the bike.

·
Super Moderator
11,958 Posts
I went with the Corbin. My gal said it was a great improvement over stock.

So along with the passenger floorboards, and my high padded sissy bar, she was pretty happy.

However, even though bothof us are of small build, two up riding still was a bit cramped.... Hence my move to a larger bike.

You can also try sending your seat to Spencer to have it re-padded. He can firm up the passenger area to your needs.

·
Wareagle1970
409 Posts
Any other options available besides the Mustang and Corbin seat for the VN750?

·
Registered
802 Posts
I ride by an upholestry shop every day. I keep telling myself I'm gonna stop in and see what they could do with mine. I know I'd like to get rid of the buttons. Neighbor likes to water his yard, and occasionally my bike. Nothing like not checking before you sit down in the morning and find those buttons held just enough water to soak up into the underdrawers.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I went with the Corbin. My gal said it was a great improvement over stock.

So along with the passenger floorboards, and my high padded sissy bar, she was pretty happy.

However, even though bothof us are of small build, two up riding still was a bit cramped.... Hence my move to a larger bike.

You can also try sending your seat to Spencer to have it re-padded. He can firm up the passenger area to your needs.

I am resisting moving to a larger bike.
Last year I had a Harley Davidson Ultra Classic. Of course, my wife loved it.
Before that.. a 2000 Vulcan 1500FI completely tricked out with bags and a super comfy passenger seat and backrest. She loved it. Before that.. a 2001 Honda Valkyrie. Huge comfortable bike. She loved it.
I prefer smaller bikes. 80% of the time I am riding solo. My favorite bikes were Sportsters until I got this 750. I really like this bike.
I just want to make the seat more comfortable for her.
2 up is cramped but if her ass feels better she will be able to handle it.
I need to widen the seat for her and provide a little more padding. I guess the seat is too narrow and it the middle of it is too hard for her ass.
She told me it feels like she is sitting on a metal pipe. If the bike shook more that would probably be a good thing!

·
Wareagle1970
409 Posts

·
Wareagle1970
409 Posts
Did you read the seat thread right under this thread?

You can find alot of info here if you take the time to look for it...;)
Sorry, when I do searches on the site I get information overload... I e-mailed Spencer. Asked if he could modify my existing seat to remove the passenger seat and toolbox and possibly feather the rear of the seat where it would end near the rear fender.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yea, I read all the threads. I use the search feature all the time. The majority of seat questions involve the drivers seat. I am reluctant to drop $400.00+ for an aftermarket seat if its only marginally better for the passenger. I have no problem with the stock seat (other than the button tuck 70's-80's look of it)
I would rather put an aftermarket seat on it though instead of a passenger add on pad.
My bike came with a pretty nice drivers backrest. Unfortunately, it doesn't work with my saddlebag mounts so I had to remove it. I am thinking about selling it or using it as a partial trade for a new aftermarket seat like a Mustang or Corbin.

·
Super Moderator
11,958 Posts
Sorry, when I do searches on the site I get information overload... I e-mailed Spencer. Asked if he could modify my existing seat to remove the passenger seat and toolbox and possibly feather the rear of the seat where it would end near the rear fender.
Is OK... Was not trying to be a wise ass, just that the thread right below this one held the answer to your question andi thought it funny you did not see it.

The last alternative not mentioned there is to make your own seat... Not really hard to do, but perhaps a bit overwhelming for some.

I used the stock pan, cut the passenger section off and reshaped it and recovered it in kidskin...for a solo seat ...photos at my flickr site below.

·
Wareagle1970
409 Posts
Yea, I read all the threads. I use the search feature all the time. The majority of seat questions involve the drivers seat. I am reluctant to drop $400.00+ for an aftermarket seat if its only marginally better for the passenger. I have no problem with the stock seat (other than the button tuck 70's-80's look of it)
I would rather put an aftermarket seat on it though instead of a passenger add on pad.
My bike came with a pretty nice drivers backrest. Unfortunately, it doesn't work with my saddlebag mounts so I had to remove it. I am thinking about selling it or using it as a partial trade for a new aftermarket seat like a Mustang or Corbin.
I am the same. I cannot really see putting that much into a new seat.

·
Wareagle1970
409 Posts
Is OK... Was not trying to be a wise ass, just that the thread right below this one held the answer to your question andi thought it funny you did not see it.

The last alternative not mentioned there is to make your own seat... Not really hard to do, but perhaps a bit overwhelming for some.

I used the stock pan, cut the passenger section off and reshaped it and recovered it in kidskin...for a solo seat ...photos at my flickr site below.
That is what I am looking for... Curious. How does the seat bolt down?

·
Wareagle1970
409 Posts

·
Wareagle1970
409 Posts
Yes I am in the service. 12 years US ARMY (UncleSam AintReleasedMeYet
Was in the Marines for 4 years from 88-92. Served in all three phases of the first Gulf War.

Good luck over there and keep your melon down!!!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks to both of you for your service to our country and for keeping us safe.
Now... what the frig do I do about a comfortable seat for my nagging wife. After a 3 mile ride last night she was complaining that her ass hurt. She told me it feels like she is sitting on a piece of metal.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts