Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
I'm no expert, but are the "ears" (air intakes) the same on the 700 as the 750? If so, I'm interested. Actually, I'd probably be interested in more than that, too.

I'm not sure what parts are interchangeable with the 750. There are a few more parts I am looking for, but I don't know if it all crosses over. Let me know and maybe we can work something out!!!

·
Search Goddess
2,002 Posts
Just about everything is interchangeable between the 700 and 750. A few exceptions that come to mind depending on the years..
1. Master cylinder 700 and up through 1990 I believe have the rectangular boxes
2. related to the above is the brake lever as the brake lever is different on the earlier years to fit the master cylinder setup.
3. Earlier models have the self cancelling turn signals
4. Subsequently the wiring harnaess is a bit different
That's about it in a nutshell.
Body parts like engines, fenders, bars, mirrors, instruments etc can all be swapped between the two for the most part. Easy way to check is to use the parts diagrams at either buykawasaki.com or the parts fiche at Ronayers.com for the model years in question.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Dianna said:
Just about everything is interchangeable between the 700 and 750. A few exceptions that come to mind depending on the years..
3. Earlier models have the self cancelling turn signals
4. Subsequently the wiring harness is a bit different
So how much would be involved in adapting the self-cancelling set up from the 700 onto a later 750? Class 2 mod or class 3?

TIA

·
Search Goddess
2,002 Posts
From the yahoo group under Files > Electrical and Lighting > wiring harness compatibility

A quick update for any of you who might try to outsmart Kawasaki. The
wiring harnesses from 1985-1988 VN700/750 models are *not*
interchangeable with 1989 - Up VN750 models. The 1985-1988 bikes
have both a Reserve Lighting Unit and a Turn Signal Control unit.
Beginning with the 1989 model year Kawasaki simplified the wiring
with the elimination of the Turn Signal Control unit. Because of
this there is no way to overcome the routing of the wires used for
this unit leaving the signal circuit open. I hope this saves someone
else some time!

Soooo.. replace the entire wiring harness maybe? Better to pay the $25 for the turn signal canceller!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Dianna said:
In that case, I might be interested in the air filters, front turn signals, tool kit, ignition switch, instrument cluster, etc. etc. etc.

A lot of it depends on the condition of the parts. Get in touch with me via email: [email protected]

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Again guys, if your interested in anything E-mail me at [email protected] as I don't come here much. I'd make someone a great deal if they wanted the whole bike. $500 takes it & it comes with a title! Otherwise I ask about 25%-50% what the part cost new. I just want it gone. BTW, i'm in central NJ.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
No pic's yet.........I have the bare frame w/swingarm which has a title. Also, the motor, rad., exhaust, rear wheel & a few other odds and ends.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts