Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 86 VN750 that has serious chain slap and is losing some oil out of some pin holes in the case. I'm not putting any more money into it and I'm not going to rip anyone off by selling it just because it's running so I'm parting it out.
I have Vance & Hines Cruzers that have seen under 500 miles. I'm asking $225 for those.
I'm located in Eugene, OR and can quote shipping 24 hours after request during the week.
I'd rather give you folks first dibs before hasseling with ebay or Craig's list.

Attachments

·
Registered
950 Posts
Chain slap? do you mean the acct's need adjustment or replacement? and pin holes in the case? what case?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The acct's all need replaced and they have chewed up the inside of the engine enough that oil seems to be oozing somewhere out of the engine case itself.
It also does not fire on the rear piston under 3500 RPMs.
At anywhere from 40-60 dollars a piece for all 4 chains and without knowing what else is going on with the rear cylinder I just don't see putting out another thousand dollars to get this bike running right.
I'm more than happy to sell it whole to anyone interested in an engine swap or if they want to work on it themselves.
It's a running bike and I believe I can ship it pretty reasonably.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have Vance & Hines Cruzers that have seen under 500 miles. I'm asking $225 for those.
I'll take the Cruzers off your hands. Do you have pics? IM sent with email address.

·
Registered
96 Posts
side covers?

How much for the side covers? I need some as the PO seemed to have lost them on my bike and now I have none... :(

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,733 Posts
stock grips? I'm looking for some stock hand grips that are in good shape. if you got some you'd like to sell, how much you asking for them?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
25 Dollars a piece on the side covers. They are in great shape and custom painted matte-black.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
They are stock grips. The throttle is in good shape, the left hand one is a little worn and has been punctured on the end where it fits against the handlebar tube. 10 dollars for both if you are interested.

·
The Reanimater
847 Posts
Mad_Max:

Wish I'd seen this before I went on a shopping spree on ebay. Your only about 375 miles north of me.
Oh Well! Just call Me Mr. a day later & a dollar short..........

JaY

I have an 86 VN750 that has serious chain slap and is losing some oil out of some pin holes in the case. I'm not putting any more money into it and I'm not going to rip anyone off by selling it just because it's running so I'm parting it out.
I'm located in Eugene, OR and can quote shipping 24 hours after request during the week.
I'd rather give you folks first dibs before hasseling with ebay or Craig's list.

·
The Reanimater
847 Posts
Well who knows..Depending on how far you decide to break the bike down,
there might be some odds and ends I could still use.

That is a bummer. I would have driven stuff right to ya!! :)

·
Registered
44 Posts
iv'e been reading that project that you started jay, hell yea thats a real bummer. And he
could have driven parts to you... arrggg cant read anymore lol. Good luck on getting the bike
to run. Im waiting for bits n pieces to get my vn700 on the road. The weathers coming and i have allready missed a ride out :(

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Lots left!

The pipes and hand levers and speedo cable are spoken for.
Lots of great pieces on this bike.
Ask for a picture and I'll be happy to get you one!
Thanks!

·
1992 VN 750
109 Posts
I have a 1992 and need new carbs. Are they still available?

·
Premium Member
146 Posts
Hello! Can you give me a price on the tool box and key PLEEEEEZEEEE!!! That would make my bike 100%

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Max
Front fender, rear fender, side covers and tank. Any of these left? If they are give me a price. I see that boober asked about the side covers, so if he is still interested in them, give him fist shot, but any of the other that I mentioned, Im interested in.Also pics would be nice. Some of the parts I want are on ebay, but I would rather buy them from people on this forum.:rockon::beerchug:

·
Registered
6,446 Posts
I'd be interested in the the front and rear fender and the tank. Got pics of those? Any dings? Price? I'm one behind CapHAB...

Thanks!

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,733 Posts
how about the r/r? do you still have one? if so , how much $ ?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts