Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 94 and wondering if the charging system will handle the addition of a pair of 55w driving lights.

·
Premium Member
4,778 Posts
I've read here that there is a "surplus" of about 75 watts with the stock light setup. So if you haven't installed a bunch of LEDs, you will have too much draw with two 55 attt lights.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
WOW! Thanks for the quick reply.
Well RATS. I ride a lot in the dark and was hoping I could use the HID driving lights off my old dead Goldwing.
Oh well, I will convert the headlight to HID and "deal" with less light.
Thanks again

·
Premium Member
3,027 Posts
I wouldn't even use the 35 watt bulbs. That puts you right on the edge of the bikes electrical capacity, a little too close for me. I have installed a switch to cut off the headlights high beam when I use my electric gloves, because I noticed a slight voltage drop at the battery when I turned them on. These are older gloves, and most likely draw more current than newer ones, but they sure do work good. It was still charging, but possibly very close to overloading the system. I don't need a stator failure.

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Hmmm...I need to check the wattage on mine before I hook em up....they came with my bike but werent hooked up.

when I use my electric gloves
In Arizona ???:wow:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts