Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My triple tree is all corroded and rusted so I purchased a "new" tree off of ebay with the intention of giving it a paint job... My original thought was to have them powder coated... That got me wondering if the powder would cause a problem with inserting and clamping the forks? Anybody have any thoughts??

·
Premium Member
4,741 Posts
Mask off the inside of the clamps if you're concerned about it.

·
Super Moderator
11,817 Posts
My triple tree is all corroded and rusted so I purchased a "new" tree off of ebay with the intention of giving it a paint job... My original thought was to have them powder coated... That got me wondering if the powder would cause a problem with inserting and clamping the forks? Anybody have any thoughts??
They were powdercoated originally. You have to mask off the stem also, and plug the bolt holes.

I rattle canned mine with a black crinkle finish.... You can also have it chromed...;)

KM

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They were powdercoated originally. You have to mask off the stem also, and plug the bolt holes.

I rattle canned mine with a black crinkle finish.... You can also have it chromed...;)

KM
I plan on taking the stem off.. so then no need to worry about the clamps?

No chrome for me except for a select few pieces...

·
Registered
335 Posts
the stem is welded to the lower tree. it has to tapes off or your bearing will not seat correctly.

·
Heading to the DARKSIDE!
177 Posts
I bought a replacement used one from a friend. I bead blasted it to a nice natural finish......then clear coated it. I still have to install it. That will happen in the winter. Yes any surface that was a friction fit with another piece of metal or came in contact with the triple tree assembly.....I masked off. I didn't want the clear paint to cause any clearance issues.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts