Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 143 Posts

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few of us have been discussing a trip to gather at a central location for a weekend gathering, and we have decided on the place and dates.....

Please consider joining us at the Ox Yoke Inn on Rt6 in PA for a social gathering that we are planning on the weekend of August 5-7, 2016.
This is an open invitation to anyone interested in joining us or to just stop for the day and say hello to some members that you may or may not have met in person.

The Ox Yoke Inn Motel & Restaurant Route 6 Galeton, PA

Rt6 in PA is a nice scenic ride and central to the NE area, so it can be a good day trip or weekend overnight stay.
We have a few members already saying they will attend from NJ, NY, PA and OH....I will let them chime in and say who they are...lol

The Ox Yoke Inn is a biker friendly campground with a Restaurant, bar, lounge, ice cream shop, campfire by the creek, cabins, and a motel on premise, so you can make the arrangements that suit your needs.
The owners will be very accommodating and I am sure they will make good suggestions for local area rides and attractions.

This place books up quick, so please let us know who will be planning on staying overnight, so we can hopefully make the appropriate reservations.

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,712 Posts
^ well, that was fast!

way to go K-Dog. :rockon:

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
I'll be there. There's also a dollar general store across the street. 3 gas stations within a mile. Pizza shop ect ect. Once we have a feel on who's coming we will figure out a ride route or two.
Pa is helmet choice, you must have eye protection. If you carry make sure Your state has a reprocity agreement with pa and you good to go. Pa is also a open carry state but you need a permit/license once you climb on the bike. More than likely Frick and frack will be with me

·
1986 VN750
163 Posts
Looks awesome to me. Hopefully my bike will be up for a longer ride like that by then. About 3 1/2 hours from me. My appearance at the Ox yoke will depend solely upon the helpfullness of the VN750.com members between now and then hahaha

Reactions: Thorn

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks awesome to me. Hopefully my bike will be up for a longer ride like that by then. About 3 1/2 hours from me. My appearance at the Ox yoke will depend solely upon the helpfullness of the VN750.com members between now and then hahaha
I am sure you will get all the advice and help you will need bro!
I am looking forward to meeting you WHEN you show up. :motorcycl

·
1986 VN750
163 Posts
I am sure you will get all the advice and help you will need bro!
I am looking forward to meeting you WHEN you show up. :motorcycl
Where are you at in NJ?

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,080 Posts
Count me in.Dave what are PA knife laws like?I'll probably stay.might have a tent with me

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,712 Posts
I'll be there. There's also a dollar general store across the street. 3 gas stations within a mile. Pizza shop ect ect. Once we have a feel on who's coming we will figure out a ride route or two.
Pa is helmet choice, you must have eye protection. If you carry make sure Your state has a reprocity agreement with pa and you good to go. Pa is also a open carry state but you need a permit/license once you climb on the bike. More than likely Frick and frack will be with me
thanks for the extra, good info.

that sounds like a challenge to me! :wink2:
one that the fine folks on here will not only meet, but crush! :pepper:
so, I guess we can count on seeing you there! :beerchug:

Count me in.Dave what are PA knife laws like?I'll probably stay.might have a tent with me
as long as you stay out of Phili, you should be fine. :doh: ;)

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
thanks for the extra, good info.

that sounds like a challenge to me! :wink2:
one that the fine folks on here will not only meet, but crush! :pepper:
so, I guess we can count on seeing you there! :beerchug:

as long as you stay out of Phili, you should be fine. :doh: ;)
as long as its not a switch blade or spring assisted you will be fine. the area that we will be in is decent. may see a few nomads but no problems

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Where are you at in NJ?
I live in Northern NJ about 20 miles west of NYC, but I tend to do my riding in the mountains of North Jersey/NY area for the scenery....mountains, lakes, farmland and leisurely roads in the remote areas.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,080 Posts
I live in Northern NJ about 20 miles west of NYC, but I tend to do my riding in the mountains of North Jersey/NY area for the scenery....mountains, lakes, farmland and leisurely roads in the remote areas.
There's forests and farmland in NY?;)

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,080 Posts

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,712 Posts
Keep on bumping this K-Dog, who knows who might show up. Maybe the "Mouth from the South", might be interested.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,080 Posts
Damn now we ain't gonna find the Wolf till he finds the cat and kills it

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,712 Posts
^ not to worry, the cat is gonna lead the Wolf right to us! :wink2:

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,712 Posts
I talked to Kanuck69, it won't take much to "encourage" him. lol he's already saying "could be a good weekend". besides he might be a little intrigued to see his old fairing and what you have done with it.

I have also contacted BJ31702, he said "looks like fun". he and his wife are part of the "Buckeye Bunch", along with Kanuck69 and his wife (6 of 9). both couples are good people. we all get along very well and enjoy each others company.

now, as for Denny6006........let me say this, Denny is a great guy. he's good people, he's helped me a lot in the past. he's a lot of fun to be around, we (the Buckeye Bunch) all like him a lot. I've told him about it. I have yet to hear back from him on it. I know he has a lot on his plate this up coming summer.

1 - 20 of 143 Posts