Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know where I can find an owner's manual for a 1994 Vulc? Also, I found a toggle switch on the left side of the radiator shroud, what does that do?

·
Registered
175 Posts
The owner's manual may be available elsewhere for less, but I ordered the one for my '93 from Kawasaki's website, list price $15.95, $22.90 shipped.

I don't see the toggle switch you describe on my bike or in any of the books. My guess would be it's for an accessory added by a previous owner that may or may not have been removed since.

·
The Reanimater
847 Posts
Maybe it was put there to manually turn on the Fan.

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
what Jay said ,check it out!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I thought that too, I tried toggling it with the ignition on and nothing happened. Maybe the engine needs to be running or perhaps it disables the fan completely. I'll keep you posted if I figure out what exactly it does.

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
Follow the wires. Where do they go? Have the wires on the fan thermo switch at the bottom of the rad been disconnected?

·
The Reanimater
847 Posts
Or maybe a secret Kill switch so somebody can't steal the bike.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Maybe it activates the flux capcitor

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yea I pulled off the shroud and the switch isn't hooked up to anything at all haha. Plus I was a good Vulcan owner and changed my final drive oil!!!

·
ExNewbie..Still Learnin'!
256 Posts
Yea I pulled off the shroud and the switch isn't hooked up to anything at all haha. Plus I was a good Vulcan owner and changed my final drive oil!!!
Are you SURE??? I have one on my '89 and it makes a nice hot cup of Joe for my ride to work.

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
Besides changing the final drive oil, you also should lube the splines with Honda Moly 60 grease. Not all that difficult of a job.

My guess is the switch may have been for some other lights the PO had at one time.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts