Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting new tires (thank you poker winnings) and have read all of the accolades for oversized tires.
My question is since I have put 11' shocks on the rear, can I still put on the larger tire or do I need to stay with stock??
Also, if I have to stay stock on the rear, can I put the oversize on the front, or just stay stock all around??

·
Registered
191 Posts
I haven't done it myself yet but I did put a 170 on my bike last year and I'm looking for an 11 or 11.5 inch set.. It looks like it still has a ton of room in the fender.

·
1986 VN750
3,255 Posts
Oversized works with the 11" progressives I have.

·
Registered
114 Posts
This thread will make me spend money, I'm sure of it. So my plan (now) is to get oversized tires front and back, drop the back by 2 inches or so, and the front by 1 inch. I don't know anything about rake and trail, but this sounds feasable. Should help my speedometer, give me a lower RPM on the interstate, a slightly lower seat, and a little more fork to raise the grips some.

·
Patriot Guard Rider
825 Posts
Oversized works with the 11" progressives I have.
I have oversized tires with drop shocks on my scoot as well. :smiley_th

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Yes. I have the 110/90 and 170/80. My rear end lowered with progressive shocks. No rubbing even when riding two up.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,222 Posts
Have 110/90 on front of mine and 170/80 on rear..the major issue is getting it around the drive.i was wondering,if anyone has tried this with a 180,take off the drive unit and mount to rim first then slide rim and tire in place,then bolt down the 4 bolts on the drive assembly?I've got about 1/4" from the swingoparm on the drive side with a 170/80

1 - 13 of 13 Posts