Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's a place in Columbia, NJ (just N of I-80, right by the river), that has a wolf preserve. I used to take my kids there. They have camping and cabins. And at night, while sitting by yer campfire, you can hear the wolves howling up on the hill. Combine this with a tour of the Delaware Water Gap Nat Rec area, and I think it would make for a nice weekend. A bit closer too, for you central Jersey guys and NYC folk.

http://www.lakotawolf.com/

·
Just a regular guy
833 Posts
It sounds great to me! But its a bit of a drive...

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
...unless ya could afford to take the AutoTrain up from FLA...I found out awhile ago, that you can bring bikes... :)

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
I would do this, It sure would be nice to get a definite group together though. Maybe a day ride to check out the wolves instead? Aug for me is booked, but don't let me hold you guys back - I have no idea what Sept is going to bring for me yet.

Kenny

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
September's actually the best time to go, since theyre starting to get "fluffy" fer winter...

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
September's actually the best time to go, since theyre starting to get "fluffy" fer winter...
can you see um from the campsite? Or do they howl better with a fluffy coat haha.

Just busting your chops wolf.

Kenny

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, in summer, they shed their undercoats and look more like skinnyazz coyotes...and the wolves are at the top of the mountain, the campsite below in the flats....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts