Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings, so I just bought my first bike a 2001 vn800 classic. Turns on right away but heats up very quickly I changed the radiator, Thermostat, and also when I changed the oil it was pretty milky so Im guessing water in the engine from what I’ve read. I took it to a bike shop and they told me it’s the water pump or a blown gasket. I was told it would be costly to fix up. I was thinking of buying an engine for it or repairing it myself. Would it be worth it? Any suggestions? Help!

·
Registered
740 Posts
This forum only has knowledge of Vulcan 750's, you may do better asking on a forum for general Kawasaki bikes, especially look for a VN800 section.

In general, though, buying a new engine seems like a crapshoot. Depends on what you bought it for and how much you're willing to spend. A shop manual may point you in the right direction, but we don't know much about the VN800 around these parts.

Best of luck finding a good forum for your purposes

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This forum only has knowledge of Vulcan 750's, you may do better asking on a forum for general Kawasaki bikes, especially look for a VN800 section.

In general, though, buying a new engine seems like a crapshoot. Depends on what you bought it for and how much you're willing to spend. A shop manual may point you in the right direction, but we don't know much about the VN800 around these parts.

Best of luck finding a good forum for your purposes
Thank you for the info.

·
Premium Member
610 Posts
Try “vulcanforums.com” they have a section for the vn800 and every other model for that matter.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts