Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just what the title says..

Looking at a bike on Sunday... If I buy it I'll need a starter.. PM if any of you guys have one for sale.

Much Appreciated

Thanks!

·
romeobravo172
842 Posts
Got one!

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts
on a cheaper not.. get the rebuild kit off of eBay.. the starter motor is very simple to rebuild... I personally don't have much luck rebuilding starters and alternators, but I decided to try it.. figured what the heck at 30 bucks, if nothing else i would learn what the starter is made up of.. well 20 minutes later it was back together working just like new (on and off bike time included). So what I am trying to say is.. rebuilding it is super easy.

Here is the same kit I used... for 25 bucks.

·
Jack of all trades
2,863 Posts
I just rebuilt my cx starter last night, took ten minutes.

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts
He's got it covered

You guys are totally right.. This is def one of those cases when you see a couple walking through the mall and you think to yourself... "What the hell is SHE doing with him"... I could give you some ideas but this forum is G rated :smiley_th lol

No Seriously.. The guy with the bike pissed me off... For days I have been talking with him.. reassuring him... dealing with him.. and I told him I was proposing Sat night... Guess who text me 3 times DURING my proposal trying to get more money after we had already agreed on a price??????

The more I thought about it the more it irritated me.. I don't need the bike... he obviously needed the money.. So I walked away. It was a matter of respect for my lady.. and her special evening.. and he showed none.

All that being coupled with some good advice from some good friends here on the forum.. Just wasnt the right deal for me. Thanks Everyone.

I attached a pic of my lady.. she was actually calling her mom to tell her the news in this picture :) Enjoy! :beerchug:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts