Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My bike's an outdoor bike. I live in an apartment complex, with no useful garage options around and I use her as a daily commuter.

Aside from the need for a bath almost daily (even with a cover) from dust, pollen and whatnot, what can you recommend I do to help her maintain a healthy happy life. Anything specifically I should watch out for? or be aware of?

·
Drive less, ride more...
1,114 Posts
Make sure the cover you use is breathable. Be religious with the use of said cover when you are not on it--sunlight (UV) is a major killer of most finishes/materials on your bike.

Certain parts of the bike are especially prone to rust. Keep all bolt heads covered with wax, or....in a pinch, with something like WD-40. This is especially true for the housings of the tach and speedo, just behind their displays.

Also, to keep the bike looking good under those conditions, consider waxing it every other month.

·
Registered
125 Posts
As long as every "moving part", meaning vital to the bike's operation is lubed up good, you'll be fine...It's easier to wash the tank, side covers, fenders, etc. then to have everything rust up on you....

·
Registered
185 Posts
Make sure the cover you use is breathable. Be religious with the use of said cover when you are not on it--sunlight (UV) is a major killer of most finishes/materials on your bike.

But dont use the cover when you ARE on it. :doh:

Sorry, hawk I couldnt resist. :p

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
One other thing to think of (depending on the parking surface) is a kickstand plate.
Some of the asphault around here can get pretty soft when the temps start goin' up.

Something easily available is a round electric box cover, like this....

At the closed hole, you can attach a long piece of cord to loop onto the handlebars so ya don't forget to pick it up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts