Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I gave my first bike to a friend of mine 5 years ago. Its a 2000 vulcan750 that I rode hard for 3 years. After laying her down I repainted her with flex seal looking back it was a dumb move but it was fun at the time. When I gave her away I thought the stator was bad and couldnt find the title so my friend never did anything with her it just sat in a barn last year he gave her back so while in quarantine I'm getting her back into shape. So far I have replaced the R/R (hoping that was the original problem) got new clutch cable and grips aswell as another set of pipes. Figured I post a thread about it as I go not sure what all im gonna do to her other than paint so any ideas anyone has feel free to throw them out there. The pics are where im at so far the white one was fresh out the barn I got bored and painted it green but a real paint job will be coming soon

Attachments

·
Registered
8,436 Posts
Send a pic to the Flex Seal guy... "Phil Swift here with the Flex Seal cruiser!"

Is the flex hard to remove?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lol, The only thing that gave me a hard time was the gas cap. Took an hour to clean it up all the way. I got the exhaust I ordered painted as well as the handle bars. Gonna wait till I get my new compressor hooked up and use real paint for the tins. Thinking metalic black but im not sure yet may go with flat. Still trying to figure out what im going to do about a seat

Attachments

·
Registered
8,436 Posts
Saw ole Phil again last night, in a chicken wire boat.

You got the right grips on there.

Good deals on seats at goodwill online, solo, Harley, Kawi, Honda, Lepara, etc.. There are a couple on here for sale too I think.

So did you peel, wipe, or sand the flex off? Something else?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just ordered those grips a couple weeks ago I love the look but they have stabbed me a couple times lol. I can't find a seat that fits other than the mustang and I cut the stock seat down because I didnt like the back rest so I dont think im going that route. The only one ive seen i do like is the meanstreak but gonna hold off spending 200 on a seat until I get abtitle for the bike. I used a sand blaster on the tins when I rattled the green on the gas cap I used a die grinder went through 7 or 8 pads cause it just kept melting and spreading around lol almost just ordered a new one but im on a budget till ik for sure i can get her back on the road

·
Registered
8,436 Posts
A lot of those seats go under $20 + shipping. Some incredible deals on bike gear a lot of the time. If you want a link I can PM it to you.

·
Registered
8,436 Posts
Coming along, I spy an ISO grip, and a Mustang.

Phone is cramping my pic cruising.

Like Christmas when mailman brings the box of bike parts.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So now that I have all the parts and most of the trim painted with the first couple coats Timefor a total teardown. Started touching up the back half of the frame going to finish that tomorrow aswell as the rims and possibly the forks we will see how it looks and go from there

1 - 11 of 11 Posts