Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my 2 week old Vulcan 750 hit the pavement to day with me on it. Dude turned directly in front of me. I swerve and didn't hit him but spun out and slid. Just a couple abrasions and bruises. Feels like a rib is bruised too, but could be worse. I was able to limp in and drive the bike later this evening. guy didn't even stop to help.

now i need a new headlight and assembly, housing for speedometer, and tail light assemblies scratched up. Does anyone know of a place to get used parts of cheap parts?

Jim

·
Registered
6,450 Posts
Well my 2 week old Vulcan 750 hit the pavement to day with me on it. Dude turned directly in front of me. I swerve and didn't hit him but spun out and slid. Just a couple abrasions and bruises. Feels like a rib is bruised too, but could be worse. I was able to limp in and drive the bike later this evening. guy didn't even stop to help.

now i need a new headlight and assembly, housing for speedometer, and tail light assemblies scratched up. Does anyone know of a place to get used parts of cheap parts?

Jim
Keep an eye out here for someone parting out. You can also check the "vulcan 750 parts on ebay" section. Glad you're ok, good luck...

·
On His Lady Vulcan
1,647 Posts
Glad that youre OK, could have been worse like you said. I have all these parts minus the Speedo, already sold it. Send me a message and we can haggel on pricing.

Peace:beerchug:

·
Registered
491 Posts

Jim
Hey Jim --

Sorry about your dump, but glad you are not seriously hurt!

Welcome! :beerchug:

·
CWO3 Navy (Retired)
722 Posts
Good to know you weren't seriously hurt, any time you lay it down is a bad day! I saw a Speedo housing on ebay last night, saw a tail light assembly there as well.

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
Hey Jim --

Same here...
Have a good one...Old Dog...

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
Same here...
Have a good one...Old Dog...
Hey Jim --

X3...6000 members and two minor flops ,relatively speaking ,in one day is pretty good riding by a buncha folks even though, one, any time,is still too many

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm feeling better, still scabbed up a bit and didn't sleep so well with the ribs being sore, but not too bad. I took the bike out a couple times and have not noticed any mechanical problems. I got a new bulb for the headlight and it didn't work. I was hoping that would fix it. Got to figure this out or I can't ride at night.

Any ideas how to trouble shoot a headlight problem? Or should I just bite the bullet and pay someone? Everything else works turn indicators and taillight brake light. Thanks in advance.

Jim

·
Premium Member
2,850 Posts
Find "Crobins365" on here, she can probably hook you up with parts.

Glad you're ok mostly, welcome to the group, and it's rare that they do stop and help after they wipe us out....

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
Welcome to the forum Jim. Glad that you are not badly hurt, and are on the mend. Good luck with finding all the parts you need.
Click on the bottom of my sig for link to a thread with the combined knowledge and wisdom of the forum, to help folks new to biking and/or the Vulcan.

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts
headlight is an easy thing to TS,.... b4 getting to involved on this post start a new thread about your headlamp in the electrical section, and search headlight on the forums... there have been a few posted...most headlight issues go to the JB (Junction Box) or a bad ground. Do you have a manual for your bike? If not here is the downloadable version.. It is a huge file but worth the wiat. also for colored wiring diagrams, and other vulcan docs,

Sorry to hear about your misshapps. and welcome to the group

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So feeling pretty good now. Still hate to sneeze... Anyway ran through a couple tanks of gas and doing well. I felt a little nervous the first couple trips and definitely cautious. I picked up some work boots and have been wearing jeans and leather jacket.

I want to get something light but still protective boots and maybe mesh jacket for warmer weather. Any advice?

·
Registered
77 Posts
hey what area u from?

·
Premium Member
4,780 Posts
So feeling pretty good now. Still hate to sneeze... Anyway ran through a couple tanks of gas and doing well. I felt a little nervous the first couple trips and definitely cautious. I picked up some work boots and have been wearing jeans and leather jacket.

I want to get something light but still protective boots and maybe mesh jacket for warmer weather. Any advice?
In addition to the mesh jacket, I wear mesh pants over my shorts. That combination is cooler than jeans. You can get riding pants that look like jeans; have kevlar and knee protection.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts