Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, Folks - I think I finally got all of the parts back on her and she's ready to show to you all. Here are some pics of the girl "before" - when she was just a disaster- and some pics of Orleans now - she's still got some warts, but at least I'm responsible for them. I'd take closer pics, but some of those warts are in the paint job - apologies to all of you (cmanningjr, racahoon) who have done your darnedest to help me get that part right.

But, anyway, here she is!!

·
HAWK
2,576 Posts
Looks great, good work

·
Search Goddess
2,002 Posts
I really like the "New" Orleans.
Good work Wrench Wench! (One of these days I'm gonna get some patches made up for that, Wrench Wench and Vulcan Vixen)

·
Registered
722 Posts
Great job Cindy!!!

·
Registered
158 Posts
I am impressed. It's people like you, doing things like that, that make this website great.

·
Registered
147 Posts
She's amazing, Cindy. What color is that you painted her?

You need a side-by-side of McKnight and Orleans together.

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
They're coming - we actually have a bright light shining outside today, which rumor has it is something called "The Sun." I'll pull her out and shoot her again...haha. More anon.

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
She looked better in the garage... :(

By the light of day, all of you artistes can see what a mess i made...but just try to remember how she used to look.

And it is cold out there - so I think a run around the block may not occur until the sun is out *and* it decides to warm the earth. Brrrr!

·
Registered
147 Posts
By the light of day, all of you artistes can see what a mess i made...but just try to remember how she used to look.

And it is cold out there - so I think a run around the block may not occur until the sun is out *and* it decides to warm the earth. Brrrr!
Oh, you act like it was 15 degrees this morning or something...:)

You did a great job on the paint. Did you do it yourself or have it professionally done?

·
Premium Member
580 Posts
Agree with Storm - it looks good! (It passed the sunlight test!) :smiley_th

I took mine around the block yesterday (I am just a little south of you) and it WAS cold! I didn't have anything on my head except the helmet. You know those "freeze headaches" from drinking a slushie (or margarita, for that matter!) too fast? Well I started to get one of those! So, good decision to wait for some warmer weather!

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Oh, you act like it was 15 degrees this morning or something...:)

You did a great job on the paint. Did you do it yourself or have it professionally done?
lol - When I go out in the garage and even the mice are too cold to scatter, well...

You are soooo funny on the paint job. Very unprofessionally done on my part, thank you, thank you very much. In fact, I think I had to redo it three times - first primer was awful, so I had to strip the tins; second clearcoat was hideous, so I stripped the tins again; third and final clearcoat was equally hideous, but - who cares? It's all protected and I'll be going soooooo =-=-= fast no one will see the flaws. :cool:

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
Super job there Cindy!! Looking really good!!!

LOL at your...
"and I'll be going soooooo =-=-= fast no one will see the flaws"

I always said something similar about my last truck.....
"Who's gonna see it at 80mph!?"

Besides, ya can't do it all perfect the first time. That leave no reason to do it better next time!!
And with learning as you go, I say it's one hell of a great job!! :beerchug:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts