Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
1995 VN750-A11 Vulcan
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to replace the original large air filter ears with the smaller cone filters attached directly to the carbs. Will I also need to change the jetting etc.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I want to replace the original large air filter ears with the smaller cone filters attached directly to the carbs. Will I also need to change the jetting etc.

Yes you will need to change your jets, everyone on here suggests using the kn RC 2340. Im pretty sure thats the part number anyways, do a forum search for "ear shave" or look in the vulcan verses for the same thing for more detailed info. Send lance328 a message about the jets, he is the guy to go to. He will need to know your elevation, exhaust setup, and some other things that i cant remember right now lol. but lance328 is the guy to go to with questions about carbs, or anything else for that matter.

·
Old Truck Junkie
4,133 Posts
Yes you will need to change your jets, everyone on here suggests using the kn RC 2340. Im pretty sure thats the part number anyways, do a forum search for "ear shave" or look in the vulcan verses for the same thing for more detailed info.
Yes, go with the kn RC 2340. The emgo's are cheaper, but the rubber gramet that attaches them to the carbs interfers with the air flow that unseats the fuel needle off of it's seat. I learned this first hand.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Just put those filters on tonight.. You need Jets, coasters, k&n filters, crankcase breather and another autozone filter for that tube that used to run to the right ear. Not a cheap mod really, 75 for 2 k&n, 40 for breather filters, 40 for jets or more, 30 for coasters. But it makes it easier to get your carbs out!

·
1995 VN750-A11 Vulcan
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
earshave

Thanks for the input gang! I've sent an email to Lance.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Thanks for the input gang! I've sent an email to Lance.
If lance doesnt get back to right away dont get discouraged, he can get really busy sometimes working. This is coming from my personal experience, but he will get back to you.

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
I`m sure previous discussions have said you do not need to rejet if you only changed the intake to pod filters, and left the stock exhaust on the bike.

If you change the exhaust out too, for less restrictive aftermarket Vance and Hines or the like, you definitely need to rejet bigger.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts