Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i ordered some kenda K673 kruz 110/90/19 front 170/80/15 rear
131.20 shipped anyone else running these?

·
Registered
311 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks glenn i have reat the 1st one u posted. great update with the 2nd one thanks

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well i got them in and was wondering if any of u buckeyes whant to have a tire changing spline lube party lol no way im paying 80 bucks to have they changed. that with them removing off the bike and 40 for them to mount the tire after i removed them. how hard is it to mount the tires??? ive done dirt bike tires and car tires and atv tires but never a street bike??

·
Registered
311 Posts
O R N 75

If you have done dirt bike tires, these will be a piece of cake.

Here's a good Tire changing guide Except I use WD40 for the tire lube.

·
Premium Member
4,742 Posts
Changing tires isn't all that hard. Might want to put something between the rim and tire irons to protect the rim. Manual suggests old leather glove, and it worked for me.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Easy?

Is it really that easy to change a tire? I wasn't even going to try. I figured I'd just pay someone to do it. How much should that cost for just the rear tire? I just got my temporary tags today and thought I'd ride to a dealership and have them do it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
well i ordered some kenda K673 kruz 110/90/19 front 170/80/15 rear
131.20 shipped anyone else running these?
I just installed mine this week, same setup. I paid $110 shipped.

I removed the rear drive(needed to lube the spline anyways) then placed the rear tire under the the fender, reinstalled the rear drive then installed the tire.

I only have 50 miles on the new tires but I really like them so far.

·
Premium Member
405 Posts
I have about 8k miles on mine, and I have been very happy with them. I use the bike to commute to work, rain or shine, and the tires have performed very well in all conditions. I will definitely pick up another set of these when the ones I'm riding on have worn out. :smiley_th

·
Premium Member
4,742 Posts
Is it really that easy to change a tire? I wasn't even going to try. I figured I'd just pay someone to do it. How much should that cost for just the rear tire? I just got my temporary tags today and thought I'd ride to a dealership and have them do it.
When I priced it at the stealership, they were going to charge $35 to put the tire on AFTER I pulled the wheel and brought it and the tire to them. More if they had to pull the wheel. Bought a set of used tire irons on ebay ($11) and used them and the manual to remove old ones and put new ones on. Have done four so far. I like my $ too much to pay someone to do what I can do.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I paid $25/tire to mount & balance at the dealership. To balance only is $10/tire.

·
At Least I Can Spell!
615 Posts
I read the post and the link on how to do it myself. I think when the time comes I'm just going to pull the wheels and let someone do it. Iron Horse here in Monroe quoted me $15 a wheel. That's okay with me. I figure the most I'll be doing is once a year on this bike or any other I may end up with. I'm a pretty conservative rider.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I read the post and the link on how to do it myself. I think when the time comes I'm just going to pull the wheels and let someone do it. Iron Horse here in Monroe quoted me $15 a wheel. That's okay with me. I figure the most I'll be doing is once a year on this bike or any other I may end up with. I'm a pretty conservative rider.
That's a very good price. Most shops around here want $40-$50 a wheel. Which is a total rip off and most have a machine, which makes the job super fast and easy. With a tire machine and a electronic ballancer it's about a 5 minute job per tire, if my math is right, that equates to $480+ per hour.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
well got them all mounted up and i have to say its a night and day diff from the old worn out stockers!!!

·
Registered
311 Posts
Same feeling I had, everyone I passed on the road, wondered what the hell I was grinning at.
So did you do it yourself OR75?

well got them all mounted up and i have to say its a night and day diff from the old worn out stockers!!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts