Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 218 Posts

·
Giggity!
4,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Greetings All! It was brought to my attention & I should have mentioned this. So I do appolagize. The shipping is being done in stages. they did not all go out on this date. Thank you.

***Grills are shipping Monday! 8/24/9***
Watch for yours in the mail
We do apolagize for the delay but thanks everyone for making this happen. :rockon:

"In response to great interest and response to the Grill offer, we are able to reduce the price to $35 per grill with shipping included (europe still $20 extra & paypal $2.00 extra). Do not send anything yet, we will soon advise those who committed to purchase when we are ready to collect funds for the project. There is still time to order, orders close on June 30, 2009. Thank you"

As many of you know we have been in the works making a custom grill face for quite some time now. It has been finalized & is ready to offer to our family here. They will cost $35 (shipped) we do need to hit 50 for the initial order to get our pricing. If we get more than 50 our cost goes down some. Great! :) The diferance will be donated to the site to keep it going for a while.

Paypal now an option!

Simply add $2.00 to your order to cover paypal fees. Totalling at $37.00. Still a great deal.

But remember, No Payments till we hit our 50 mark please.

Europe & Canada Shipping $20.00 extra

The only thing not included is the mounting hardware. We used stainless nuts, bolts & washers from Quality Farm & Fleet (AKA Tractor Supply). The cost was about $6 for all in stainless. Simply take your origional cover off, lay your new cover on face of the old, mark the holes, drill the plastic, put the bolts through from the under side with the lock washer on, lay the washer under the acorn nut & fasten the acorn dow. Done! Put your cover back on the bike & voila!

So, please only sign up if you trully want to buy one of these grills as this thread is a count of the orders. Anyone over seas, we'll have to quote the shipping to you. Once we have a count of atleast 50 All purchasing members can make a money order for the funds and forward that to me. (Do not send any money till we have a count of 50 please) I'll then place the order for the grills at the deadline. June 30th. This is not set in stone, but a 2 week window. See it changed

So, who's interested?

Did you Read everythink? No Skimming! lol

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
This newbie will go first. I've seen bits of pieces of conversations about this custom grill and I for one think that it rocks!

Since I'm a such a newb at all this, just a couple of questions. The bike's not in front of me, so I can't go look, but I just have a stock look to the front of the radiator. In the picture, the stock part looks silver (mine's black) and then what I think I'm seeing is a flat custom piece that simply bolts right up to it.

Am I seeing this right? If so, for only 40 bucks, I would love to have one of these babies delivered to my door! Count me in!
:smiley_th

·
Premium Member
812 Posts
Newbie - you are quite right, Kanuck69 has painted his stock plastic grille silver. Looks good but it's not the way it started. All the rest of us have a black one.

Vonx - we have not investigated shipping to Holland but I am sure we could do it. Need to investigate with the Post Office and get details. I will do that in the next few days and get back to you.

·
Premium Member
4,778 Posts
Sign me up. I'm going out of town the last half of July. If you don't hear from me then, it's not because I'm not interested!

·
Registered
293 Posts
Count me in as well!!

Would we be able to do PayPal instead of a money order?

·
the doctor
50 Posts
Include me in and let me know when!

·
Premium Member
2,850 Posts
Put me down for one.

(somebody should buy a few because a year from now when they aren't made anymore, some people are going to want some, as well as any new Vulcan owners ;) )

·
On His Lady Vulcan
1,647 Posts
Put me down for one.

(somebody should buy a few because a year from now when they aren't made anymore, some people are going to want some, as well as any new Vulcan owners ;) )
Great point Doug, to bad that grill doesn't fit with my plans for the bike or I would take that up myself. Think about it folks you might even be able to make a couple bucks off it thru Ebay or what have you.

Peace:beerchug:

·
Search Goddess
2,002 Posts
I have posted this over on the Vn750 yahoo group as well.
Anyone that responds there that aren't members I will either urge them to sign up here or forward their info to Kanuck.
This might help to get us to that 50+ mark

·
Search Goddess
2,002 Posts
oh and for the record.. I am seriously considering this but.. I have the chrome grill cover now. I'm just wondering if it would fit under the full cover or might consider adding it to the face of the cover..
Put me down as a possible maybe!

·
Premium Member
812 Posts
I have posted this over on the Vn750 yahoo group as well.
Anyone that responds there that aren't members I will either urge them to sign up here or forward their info to Kanuck.
This might help to get us to that 50+ mark
:smiley_th
Good going Dianna. They can sign up here it's easy enough or send a request to Kanuck69 or myself. Eventually when we have the numbers, we will ask everyone to submit a name and address for shipping so member or not it's open to everyone who wants one. They won't even have to show proof that they own a VN750 :)

·
Registered
84 Posts
You can add me to your list for one as well!! I can hardly wait!!

·
yacovi99
24 Posts
Please count me in as well.... I prefer to just transfer the money using paypal which is more convenient.

Thanks,,,Vic

Will this come with installation instructions?? Does this simply bolt on using existing mounts? Hopefully nothing needs to be removed like the engine guard.

·
Louder IS better!
289 Posts
count me in!

·
Registered
293 Posts
Please count me in as well.... I prefer to just transfer the money using paypal which is more convenient.

Thanks,,,Vic

Will this come with installation instructions?? Does this simply bolt on using existing mounts? Hopefully nothing needs to be removed like the engine guard.
Correct me if I'm wrong on this, but it looks like you'd just drill 4 holes in the plastic cover slide bolts through and put a nut on them. I tried to take the plastic cover off mine with the engine guard on just to see if I could. Found out I can't. It will move around a bit though, so it might be possible to install if you have small hands and fingers.

·
Love My Baby
1,165 Posts
Count me in for one also. Good job! And ditto to the paypal payment. If paypal could work it would be more convenient.

1 - 20 of 218 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.