Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
rider
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm relocating to austin, tx, from boston, ma, next week and i'm considering buying a handi-hauler (http://www.hhauler.com) to haul my bike. has anyone used one of these before? think it would be safe given our bikes have a driveshaft? this seems like the most economical solution and would be easy to store once i've arrived in texas.

thanks.

·
Registered
699 Posts
looks good, but imo I would want to disconnect the driveshaft, nice price for it,sure beats a trailer

·
Registered
277 Posts
towing a bike over 1400 miles like that is asking for trouble. rent a trailer and eat the cost. its gatta be cheaper than the chance of screwing up your drive train, not to mention your bike if it dislodges.

just a thought J

·
Premium Member
508 Posts
KAWASAKI says no. I checked into this last year to haul my bike behind the MH. Cow says the shaft will not lube the gears and you stand a good possibility of burning the tranny up. Pulling the drive shaft will protect the tranny and engine but I would think renting a trailer would be more easier.
Hitch haulers that have the bike sitting crosswise are OK if you have a heavy duty truck but not for light duty trucks or cars.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts