Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I have a 1992 Vulcan 750 that will only run for a few moments when cold and full choke. It will not start at all if not choked when cold but runs like a champ when it is warm. After a long period of false starts the engine gets warm enough to finally start with out choke. It wasn't running at all when I got it. So I had the carbs rebuilt by a friend. All parts are new. I just think something is not right. It played with the choke looking for the "sweet spot" and it only fires at full choke. Drops down below 1000 rpm with in a few moments of run and dies.

Thanks

·
ass hole extaordinaire
3,780 Posts
try adjusting your mix screws out some sounds like it is running lean

if your bike is stock start at 2.5 turns out and go from there

·
Premium Member
1,803 Posts
Hi all, I have a 1992 Vulcan 750 that will only run for a few moments when cold and full choke. It will not start at all if not choked when cold but runs like a champ when it is warm. After a long period of false starts the engine gets warm enough to finally start with out choke. It wasn't running at all when I got it. So I had the carbs rebuilt by a friend. All parts are new. I just think something is not right. It played with the choke looking for the "sweet spot" and it only fires at full choke. Drops down below 1000 rpm with in a few moments of run and dies.

Thanks
I would bet that you have a carb float problem. Either out of adjustment or sticking.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts