Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received a real brief message from AJCruzin last night stating he crashed, and suffered a broken clavicle. I don't know anything else, at all. I'm starting this to offer him up some group support for a safe and speedy recovery, and I'm sure he'll post something at some point. The real good news clearly, is he's still alive and in one piece and was able to take a moment to get the message out, which is something of a good sign.

Thoughts, prayers, words, encouragement, (whatever you prefer) I'm sure he could use and would help at least mentally I think...

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts

Here's my thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery, AJ. Hope you're feeling OK.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Allow me to add my thoughts and prayers for a quick recovery as well. Get back with us soon, AJ...

--FA

·
Registered
6,446 Posts
There is some good news here. The clavicle (coller bone) is the most commonly broken bone in the human body, its one our few structural flaws. Because so many people break that bone, the treatment and recovery processes have been perfected. He should be in a sling for 5 or 6 weeks (maybe less) and be just fine after that. I've broken mine before and accidentally broke someone else's (judo training) and we were both fine after just a few weeks.

I hope its the same for you AJ. Wishing you a speedy recovery...

·
Premium Member
4,778 Posts
My prayers and sympathies are with you AJ. Know exactly how you feel.

·
Registered
707 Posts
yup.... broke it myself too... hope al else is well.... now that we know how he is... hows his ninja??

·
Registered
721 Posts
There is some good news here. The clavicle (coller bone) is the most commonly broken bone in the human body, its one our few structural flaws. Because so many people break that bone, the treatment and recovery processes have been perfected. He should be in a sling for 5 or 6 weeks (maybe less) and be just fine after that. I've broken mine before and accidentally broke someone else's (judo training) and we were both fine after just a few weeks.

I hope its the same for you AJ. Wishing you a speedy recovery...
He'll be back to riding before the snow up here melts and I get to ride mine!

Wishing you a Speedy recovery AJ!

·
former lurker
159 Posts
Sorry to hear about your mishap, AJ.
Get better real soon, there's a lot of riding to be done.

Frank

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
Allow me to add my thoughts and prayers for a quick recovery as well. Get back with us soon, AJ...--FA
X2 on that...
Get well soon...Old Dog...

·
Premium Member
812 Posts
Hey AJ, sorry to hear about your mishap. Get well soon cause the nice weather is coming and you need to get back on the "horse". Your bone will heal, hope it doesn't turn you off to riding. The best to you for a speedy recovery. :rockon: :beerchug:

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,734 Posts
hey AJCruzin. I'm sorry to hear that you crashed. I hope you are alright and not in too much pain. I hope that you will heal fast and be back on two wheels soon!

thank you, 750DOUG for giving us here a heads up on this! even though it's bad news, it could have been a lot worse news!

·
At Least I Can Spell!
615 Posts
AJ - So sorry to hear of the mishap. Best wishes for a swift and complete recovery and that you get riding again soon.

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
Get well, AJ! We expect to see you post something soon letting us know how you're doing.

Thanks, 750Doug, for the heads-up!

·
The Professor
3,147 Posts
Glad to hear you are not to banged up, looks like it will be pain pills and rest for awhile. Hope you have a speedy and eneventful recovery.

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
Sorry to hear of the mishap AJ. You will probably be up and riding again before my leg heals though!! I hope you are not in too much pain. Murphy`s law probably got you twice on this one; namely, the fact that you crashed in the first place, and the arm in the sling will be the one you write and eat with. Oh well, as Paul Harvey used to say,"There ain`t no use worrying, there ain`t nothin` gonna be alright".

How did your Ninja fare in the crash? Just remember, "A good crash is one you can walk away from. A great crash is one where you can ride the bike again!" ( I think you said something like this yesterday to seebeare after the drunk girl hit his bike while waiting for the ferry).

Along with the others here, you are in my thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery.

·
Vintage bike addict
859 Posts
Heal fast AJ. When the pain fog lifts we'd like to know how it happened and how much damage to your bike.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts