Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
today was the third day in a row i got to ride into work, this offically starts my riding season. its been 30-32 degrees in the AM & 50-60's in the afternoon. we may get a few cold spells but the riding season has arrived! i hope all you others in cold weather regions gets to ride soon too.

·
Rider on the Storm
1,287 Posts
today was the third day in a row i got to ride into work, this offically starts my riding season. its been 30-32 degrees in the AM & 50-60's in the afternoon. we may get a few cold spells but the riding season has arrived! i hope all you others in cold weather regions gets to ride soon too.
As a clergyperson, I thought the title of your post (a sly reference to the Apostles' Creed) was hilarious. Kind of Monty Python-ish... :smiley_th

·
2,528 Posts
I got out again today here in Central PA, feels real good to be out shifting gears! Picked up some Moly 60 today at our local Honda dealer and it was only $8.95. Now its soon time to do my spline lube and possibly degoat it at the same time.

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
Moly 60 for $8.95, good deal, I gave a small fortune for my moly 70 (no better than 60), I'm thinking something like $35 for 8oz, don't remember if that was plus shipping or included shipping...lol... Maybe you should start selling on the forum forum...lol...
Have a good one...Old Dog...

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
Moly 60 for $8.95, good deal, I gave a small fortune for my moly 70 (no better than 60), I'm thinking something like $35 for 8oz, don't remember if that was plus shipping or included shipping...lol... Maybe you should start selling on the forum forum...lol...
$35 for 8 oz is not that bad, just under $4.50 per oz. The moly60 is only a 100 ml or about 3 oz for $8.95= $3 per oz. My cost at the local Honda stealer works out to just over $6 USD per oz.

It`s a good thing a tube should do 3-4 lube jobs. :smiley_th

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
$35 for 8 oz is not that bad, just under $4.50 per oz. The moly60 is only a 100 ml or about 3 oz for $8.95= $3 per oz. My cost at the local Honda stealer works out to just over $6 USD per oz.
It`s a good thing a tube should do 3-4 lube jobs. :smiley_th
I had & still have about 1/2 pt of what I beleive is moly (powder) but am not absolutly positive it is... If I had been sure, I would have mixed it with some #2 Red Lucas grease and had a good batch of moly grease for spline lube cheap...lol...
Wish I knew a way to test it...
Thanks and have a good one...Old Dog...

·
Registered
70 Posts
Its crazy foggy here. Didnt stop me from riding to work but this eiry ass fog weirds me out when I cant see more than 20 ft around me on my bike.

·
Premium Member
4,778 Posts
Its crazy foggy here. Didnt stop me from riding to work but this eiry ass fog weirds me out when I cant see more than 20 ft around me on my bike.
And folks can't see you either. I don't ride in fog because the risks are so much greater. If they can't see us when it's sunny, how they gonna see us in fog?

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
Thats how it was the time I wound up in the middle of a herd of white tail deer... It was like popcorn popping in my face, needless to say the rest of the ride into work was difficult due to the very greasy slick seat...lol...

·
Registered
6,450 Posts
I got out yesterday. It was 63 and sunny. My brother asked me if I wanted to go golfing. I said yes and he met me at my place. I threw the clubs in his car and took the bike through the scenic roads to the course. It was a blast! Rainy and cold today though. I can't wait for consistently warm days...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts