Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont know if my problem is an isolated problem, but i ordered 2 air cut off valves from them on the 1st. The website said that they should ship within 5-7 business days. On the 14th i wrote them an email and asked when my parts would ship never got an email back. So on the 18th I called them(by the way there hours suck mon-thur) and it turns out that the parts I ordered are on backorder, nowhere on there site did they mention that the parts were on backorder. They said they SHOULD be getting the parts in 7 days so the 25th. Well I am on day 21 and the parts still have not shipped. Lets hope they actually ship on the 25th either way i will be sitting at almost 30 days for parts. So right now I dont think i will order anything else from them, and just hope that i actually get my parts.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Exact same problem with them. The ebay folks send them a lot quicker.

·
Kawika
441 Posts
I had a decent experience with them in January for the same part, air cut off valve (18-2799) They had it listed as "only 1 in stock" and they delivered it promptly. I actually had to buy the 2nd air cut off valve from someone else for a bit more money. Apparently there are not very forthcoming about their "backorder" process.

A dealer will usually be able to get the individual parts within a week, but it will be pricier than the kit.

Hope you get the parts soon...It's getting late into riding season here!

·
Premium Member
641 Posts
This is a part that is cheap enough that I need that I am going to buy from the dealership. The closest one to me charges $49.71+tax for both and I can get them immediately if they have them in store or will only take 3 days to ship at the most if they have to order them. This is cheaper than the guy I saw on ebay selling them. It will cost me total $52.69 compared to ebay price of $45+15.50 shipping = $60.50 and it will take anywhere from 5-7 days to ship after the 3-5 days for the payment to clear on paypal which amounts to $7.81 more and 9 days before I even have the parts in hand.

·
Premium Member
641 Posts
Basically my rule of thumb is the same as Lance328. If the parts is only $30-40 online before shipping, I'll just go ahead and get it at the dealership. It's just not worth buying a part that cheap online when it's going to cost you another $10-15 to ship it plus the time it takes to ship.

·
The Reanimater
847 Posts
That's like the Ext-backrest on Ebay. A brand new one was $142.00 free shipping.
There was a guy that had a used one at the same time with a reserve of $125.00, But with shipping it came to $149.00.

It would of been cheaper to buy the New one.

This is cheaper than the guy I saw on ebay selling them.

·
2,502 Posts
I support my local business's 1st, I only buy online when it's greatly cost effective.

·
Banned
431 Posts
I ordered a helmet from them, after a week still not shipping notice or tracking number, called them, they told me the helmet was discontinued and that they would refund my credit card, never got the refund, customer serankvice would never answer/return my calls, finally had to dispute the $104 charge with my credit card company, Navy Federal Bank got me my money back! Do not buy from Old Bike Barn

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well i have an update on my situation my parts have finally shipped (on the 9th). hopefully they will be here this week. And to explain why i never canceled the order, is because there hours suck. I work nights and there hours are mon-thurs 8-3. And then trying to get a hold of someone is like pulling teeth. On the 8th i called to cancel but i sat on hold for an hour before i just gave up. So hopefully they send me the right parts, but i will NEVER order from them again. 40 days to ship is crazy. Jason

1 - 9 of 9 Posts