Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know this is an old topic and I have read through all that you guys have posted on it........But,it isnt working. I am trying to upload a jpg that is under
my allowable size of 300kb.When I hit submit I get blank screen and my browser
says "done" at the bottom.When i go back to see if its there,its not.
:mad: :hitanykey :dead_hors

·
Avid Rider
279 Posts
I get exactly the same thing, Spriddle, what browser are you running, I'm on IE 7 and starting to think that might be the problem.

·
HAWK
2,576 Posts
IE 7 is a problem with alot. We had to remove it from our work Computers. We couldent download updates for the cars with it.
Sometimes newer isint better.

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
Hmm, I'm using IE6 and have never had a problem with pics.
Maybe IE7 is the problem.

·
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Im using Mozilla Firefox.I do have IE 6 though. I'll give it a shot ,we'll see if thats it.

·
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No good on IE6 either.

·
Search Goddess
2,002 Posts
Can you email the picture to me and I'll see what I can do and maybe find the problem too.

·
Registered
55 Posts
One thing I learned was to resize the image down to 640 wide. Anything wider usually failed. Also make sure it is less than 200k. I just did this with my Firefox 2.0.0.1 browser.

·
Premium Member
4,054 Posts
I just tested this using firefox on a mac. Yesterday I uploaded one that was 492x368 I think and it worked fine. The one I just tried was 699x568, over the resolution size limit but only 140 k (under the byte size limit) and it failed in exactly the same way you mentioned, white screen came up, done in the status bar at the bottom, and no photo uploaded. Hope this helps. I'm sure the resolution limit or byte size limit have been the problem.

·
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
where is the resolution size limit????or what is it,didnt see that in the table of
limitations.Im sure this is a resolution or file size problem of some kind.
I have the pic as a high res image but the file size is only 266 kb. because I
set the camera for low compression.This lowers file size.Anyway Ill try it with lower resolution settings later.Digging out a ton of snow and ice now,fun times,just keep thinking springs coming springs coming.Dianna,Im not sure how to attach a pic to your email on or through this server,and didnt see your actual address anywhere.

·
Premium Member
4,054 Posts
Somewhere I got it in my mind that 640x480 was the max, however, I don't see that anywhere. I wonder if there is a resolution limit? Because the file I tried that was larger than that was still only 140k. Hmmmmm....

·
Premium Member
4,054 Posts
I just tested again with one that was 292k but huge in resolution (2700x1807) and got the white screen with "done" at the bottom. I worked my way down to a 750x502 and it worked, but the byte size is only 112K. Apparently, anything larger than 376500 pixels or close to that number, isn't allowed. Byte size doesn't seem to be a factor if the file has too many pixels.
I then tried a photo that was same 750x502, but that was 468k and got this error message: test_large_size.jpg (exceeds filesize limit)

So I lowered the byte size in increments until I got around 147k and it allowed it, but interestingly enough, that first time is the only time I got the error message, the rest of the time I got the white screen until I tried the last photo that was byte sized down to 147k. So there must be some combination of pixels allowed and byte size allowed that work together. Just to be sure about this, I uploaded a smaller photo 640x480 that was just under the byte size limit, 290k and it worked.

Windows users, open the file with "paint" and you can adjust the image size. Under the Image menu, pull down to "Attributes" and it will tell you what your pixel size is. Close that and under Image menu select "Stretch/Skew" and change the percentage in both fields H and V, to maybe 50% and see what the image size is by looking again at the "Attributes" screen. You can then save the image as a jpg. Then, navigate to where the image is located, and under the view menu, select Details, and it will show you the byte size of the files. Hope this makes sense!

·
Avid Rider
279 Posts
Good to finally know what's been causing our problem, thx for testing that fergy.

·
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Wow theres alot of snow and ice out there.Still workin on that.
Great work and info fergy,thank you for working on this. I thought there was a
way to make those adjustments in imaging but couldnt find it.
I,ll try again with new adjustments.

·
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
wait a minute....just realized you said paint,must explain why I couldnt find those settings in imaging.

·
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
That did the trick fergy,thanks a million. Droped the size down to 40% in paint, after having tryed 50% and not working, and it worked.:smiley_th :pepper:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts