Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I'm sure the inside of the gas tank on my 85 Vulcan has seen cleaner days and I was wondering what would be the best way to clean it out. I also see some users who say the inside of their gas tank I lined. What does this mean?

·
..have a vulcan good day!
4,508 Posts
Well I'm sure the inside of the gas tank on my 85 Vulcan has seen cleaner days and I was wondering what would be the best way to clean it out. I also see some users who say the inside of their gas tank I lined. What does this mean?
There are many ways to refurbish a fuel tank innards. Most/ all will be found in the threads and Verses. There are bee'bees, nuts, buckshot, electronics and chemical....etc. Search the threads and Verses.

To coat a tank, are man-made liquids which when performed properly, able to cover "Light" minor rust, and prevent further rust from forming. This can/will not seal existing pinholes (use Epoxy externally for pinholes).
One brand is "Red Kote".

hope this helps

:smiley_th

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,193 Posts
read the vulcan vurses,too.there is a lot of info in there that will help you out.:smiley_th

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
Here is the link to the electrical process in the verses:
http://www.vn750.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1152

Others have written up their experience doing this too, and it seems to work quite well.

I have read of bad experiences with the "lining" process sometimes stripping off and clogging the carbs an fuel system.

The vn750 only has the small screen filter around the pickup tube inside the tank on the petcock/fuel valve. I would avoid the lining process if possible.
JMHO :)

·
..have a vulcan good day!
4,508 Posts
Here is the link to the electrical process in the verses:
http://www.vn750.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1152

Others have written up their experience doing this too, and it seems to work quite well.

I have read of bad experiences with the "lining" process sometimes stripping off and clogging the carbs an fuel system.

The vn750 only has the small screen filter around the pickup tube inside the tank on the petcock/fuel valve. I would avoid the lining process if possible.

JMHO :)
I have a "Red Kote" lined tank. No problems since, .....three years now. If performed to instructions, I feel is a sure winner, keep in mind, for minor rust and non occurrence of. Major rust/flakes etc., DO NOT GO THIS ROUTE !

Advice for Liner: Follow instructions to the detail..... DRY thoroughly (all steps), I ended drying mine (final dry) 5-6 days before I got back to tank mounting/use.

hope this helps
:smiley_th

1 - 5 of 5 Posts