Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my 750 to the shop to have some work done. After reading about lubing the spleen, I asked them to lube the spleen. They had no idea what I was talking about. I don't know what the spleen is either. Can you educate me. By the way this happened at a Kawasaki shop.

Mcneuby

·
Registered
900 Posts
Lube the Splines on the drive shaft.. its super easy..you can do it yourself.. there is a write up in the Verses.

·
Premium Member
4,766 Posts
I don't know of any driveshaft bikes, although there may be some, that don't need to have the splines lubed periodically. So the fact that the dealership had no idea what you were talking about (other than calling the splines "spleens"), is a indication of their lack of knowledge of bikes in general ond yours in particular. If you can't do your own wrenching, don't take it back there!

·
Registered
796 Posts
X2. Most shops are so used to chain or belt drive bikes they can't comprehend the simplness of a shaft drive bike. lol

·
Chucklehead
1,050 Posts
Ok .... I read the title and thought to myself .......

"I've pickled my liver once or twice but ........"

I'll sit don and stay quiet now.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the information. This is what I like about these forums. I will lube my spline, sorry about the spleen.

Mcneuby

·
Registered
192 Posts
Lol, having your spleen lubed just sounds freaky...or nasty.....or both.

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
I believe you are supposed to vent your spleen, not lube it. LOL.:boxing:

I`m not sure why that means to "express your displeasure", but it sounds better than lubing the spleen.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts