Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Now what
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
July 29, Jangles (Les), Arsehauler and I are going to take the long way round to Enumclaw from Renton. Anybody else is welcome to come along. We'll be riding near Flaming Geyser State park and checking out the Green River Gorge too. Every day should start with a good breakfast,:) so we'll head over to Burien and check out Huckleberry Square before we hit the road.:pepper:

·
Registered
40 Posts
It's true, we're planning to ride on July 29th. Jangles just helped me check my driveshaft and rear axle spline condition (turned out to be fine on my '02) and change the final drive fluid. I think I might swap out to the new exhaust system before this ride - gives me an excuse to do so.

BTW, on the Yahoo forums, my screenname is ArseHauler, but on practically every forum I'm a part of it is Shaker666. Good times, good weather, and good riding! :rockon:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Count me in. I look forward to meeting everyone. I also have a buddy who rides a harley and if everyone will wait up for him....he would like to come along.

Larry
206 219 0544

·
Now what
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is cool. Looks like there'll be at least six of us. ;) :carryflag :eek: :smiley_th :wow: :cool: We're going to have beef brisket BBQ at my place Saturday after the ride.:beerchug:

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
Ironman said:
We're going to have beef brisket BBQ at my place Saturday after the ride.:beerchug:
Are you going to be sending some of that brisket out to the members who can't make it to the ride, so we can atleast enjoy the after ride party via the net ??!!

BBQ & chat !! LOL

Have a great ride guys !! And ofcourse, don't forget the pics !!

·
Registered
63 Posts
If all goes well, I would enjoy going on this ride. Getting all the quirks worked out with my 93 right now.

Mark
Federal Way

·
Now what
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We're going to meet in Burien at Huckleberry Square for breakfast and pre-ride talking at 9 AM Saturday July 29th.

·
Mohycle
42 Posts
Hi Everyone,
I rode through Enumclaw then around Mt Rainier the long way last Sunday. Got too sunburned and was out a couple hours longer then planned. Actually, there was no plan, as usual. Really nice roads though.
Might meet up with you for breakfast on the 29th but must then must return home to do chores.
Mo
2002 750

·
Now what
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
We had seven for breakfast, six for most of the ride and five made it to my place for some BBQ pork. (We passed near Fig's house about 3/4 way through and he decided to head on home) It was really great to see the faces behind the words. I confirmed that my throttle cables weren't routed correctly and everybody had a great time. The temperature was a comfortable 62 when we started out Saturday morning and climbed into the low 70's by early afternoon. I led the boys on a round-a-bout journey to Enumclaw via Four Corners and the Green River Gorge. After a short stop and root beer break in Enumclaw we headed back north via Green Valley Road. It has one devilish set of 15mph turns near Flaming Geyser State Park. Hopped onto Hwy 18 and headed out to Snoqualmie Falls. Just as we pulled into the already full parking lot, five bikes took off and left us just enough "motorcycle only" spots. Sweet. One of the bikes lost the nut securing the rear motor mount. We came up with a zip tie to hold it in place while we headed into Fall City to find an appropiate nut. Didn't bother getting gas there, something like 3.29 a gallon. Anyway, got the nut, got it on and off we went. Ended up at my place where my wife had prepared a terrific meal for us to chow down on. Afterwards I lead the guys back to the freeway on ramp and bid them a found farewell. Hoping we can get together again for maybe more than a one day event.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts