Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just bought new tires.. I went with the 110 front tire and stayed with 150 rear. they will be showing up Monday- I bought them shipped from denniskirk.com for $155- Pirelli MT66- I was told they were decent tires and would be similar to 880s or the Dunlop 404s. I will be taking the tires off myself and having someone mount them on the rims and balance them for me. while I have the tires off the bike I will lube the splines. I have read Fergy's write-up, and want to make sure I understand it and have everything I need to begin it when I do the job. (probably May 1-2 when I have two days with nothing to do here at school) It's my lag between exams and working the graduation ceremony.

For the front tire: it's pretty self-explanatory
for the rear:
I will follow fergy's directions and also my printed copy of the TOC service manual.

I know all the tools are listed.. now for new parts/lubes, etc...
-- is lube and white lithium grease all I need?
I am planning on using Honda moly 60 lube and regular white lithium.
what bike parts, gaskets, etc will I need to replace. thanks a ton to fergy for the write up- it should help. I hope I can get it right, cuz Saturday May 3rd I gotta put the bike in the truck bed with all my junk and drive 325 miles home...

Jeremy

·
Search Goddess
2,002 Posts
You might possibly need some new cotter pins
And a new o-ring
Parts found with Part Number: 92055-1044
Description "0" RING,I.D=18.64MM
Price $1.72
I was able to re-use my o-ring. Chances are if you have one on hand you won't need it

·
Registered
748 Posts
That's really all you need Jeremy. It ain't hard, so have fun learning.
Fergy! Where ya been, man? Tried to call the other day, but yer cell # has changed. Was in your neighborhood Saturday; went by on the way from Buchanan to Kingsland.

Jim

1 - 4 of 4 Posts