Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
2,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got them all out today and took pictures.

The widest parts of the seats measured:
Stock 14"

Saddleman 14-1/2"

Mustang 16"

Corbin 13"

When on the bike I put it on the center stand and put a level across the seat and measured from the ground up.
Stock 28-3/4"
Saddleman 28-3/4"
Mustang 30"
Corbin 28-1/2"

And from the rear of the gas cap to the front part of the rear seat pillar (where your back is):
Stock ? (hard to tell where it starts)
Saddleman 25-1/2"
Mustang 25-1/2"
Corbin 26-1/2"

So the Mustang sits you a little higher and the Corbin sits a little lower and back a bit more.

·
..have a vulcan good day!
4,508 Posts
Got them all out today and took pictures.

The widest parts of the seats measured:
Stock 14"

Saddleman 14-1/2"

Mustang 16"

Corbin 13"

When on the bike I put it on the center stand and put a level across the seat and measured from the ground up.
Stock 28-3/4"
Saddleman 28-3/4"
Mustang 30"
Corbin 28-1/2"

And from the rear of the gas cap to the front part of the rear seat pillar (where your back is):
Stock ? (hard to tell where it starts)
Saddleman 25-1/2"
Mustang 25-1/2"
Corbin 26-1/2"

So the Mustang sits you a little higher and the Corbin sits a little lower and back a bit more.

I have a 2003 Vulcan Nomad 1500 seat mounted on my 750.
It is 16" wide and 25" from fuel cap/rear seat piller. Very comfortable and a deep saddle (exactly as the Corbin pictured) .....gives me needed lower back support. Lowered me 1/2" in the saddle over stock seat.

WilliamTech:smiley_th

·
Registered
7,623 Posts
Great comparison, just the info I've been looking for.

So the Mustang has the most height change, 1 1/4" increase, with 1/4" more rearward on the step. The Corbin gives 1 1/4" more rearward (compared to my own stock measurement from the gas cap to the bottom edge of the step), but sits 1/4" lower than stock.

By the way, I think my 2003 stock seat has a different shape at the step than this one. The top edge of my step is sharper where this one looks more rounded and less defined, and it looks like the slope could be steeper on mine, a lot closer to vertical.

Looks like I need a Corbin, could maybe use the Mustang if the height helps make up for the small rearward gain.

Never dreamed that stock seat would be such a problem, it looked so comfy. Needs about 2 or 3" of adjuster slide. Move the pegs? Contact Spencer?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Great Big THANKS

:beerchug:
Thanks for this thread!! I'm looking for a new seat and only know enough (newer rider) to be dangerous so this information is amazingly helpful!

·
Registered
99 Posts
I saw somewhere in my research, while looking for bikes to by, that the seats on the vulcan is higher on the 2004 and older models than the 2005 and newer ones. Is this true?

·
Registered
456 Posts
I saw somewhere in my research, while looking for bikes to by, that the seats on the vulcan is higher on the 2004 and older models than the 2005 and newer ones. Is this true?
I don't believe so,, these bikes have been virtually identical across all the years of production.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,076 Posts

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,076 Posts

·
Senior Lurker
509 Posts
Excellent write up! The photos alone are enough to justify making this thread sticky.

One detail you left out... Which seat do you prefer to ride with?

-Sloppy

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
I call it medication for a good reason. The stock seat hurt my arse so bad after 20 minutes riding I had to stop. The Saddleman sat good for about the first hour but left in the Alabama sun for an hour you couldn't sit on it until after for 30 minutes of shade time with out it burning your arse. With the 900 seat I can go 2 hours plus before having to get off and it cools fairly quick after being in the sun. It's medicine and a modification therapy to a tried old arse. Webster should have put this meaning in the book. Don't guess he owned a 750 though.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I've been looking longingly at the 900 seats. But I'm gonna try a drivers backrest and see if that helps with the stock seat.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
2,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Excellent write up! The photos alone are enough to justify making this thread sticky.

One detail you left out... Which seat do you prefer to ride with?

-Sloppy
Well, I liked the Corbin best as far as support and handling in the twisties, it's a lot stiffer due to the dense memory foam and comfortable on long rides. Although after I got the Saddleman I kept that on because of the soft ride and less felt vibration, I believe that had a gel pad inside.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Saddlemans does have the gel pad. The gel is what would burn your butt after a little sun. My seat was as hard as a rock.

Shark, how is the 900 doing? Almost bought a '98 1500 today. One guy ahead of me got it. Had 4000 miles on it and the guy was moving Cali and didn't have Uhaul room so he took the first $2000 in his hand. Looked new. Anyway, the Spencer's foam upgrade in the 900 helped my butt even more. Of course I'm over weight so ever little bit helps.

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
i bought the saddleman that dave had and im impressed with it. our 13 hour or so ride thruogh pa and ny wasnt bad at all. worth what i paid for it

1 - 20 of 38 Posts