Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I was out riding. I noticed that my oil pressure light was on. I shut it down, but I was out away from anything. After a couple minutes I started it up and still no oil pressure. I again shut it off. I was trying to decide if I was going to have to walk it back or what to do. I thought give it one more try, so i started it again. This time the oil pressure light went off. Keeping an eye on it I rode it home. This morning the light out just as soon as I start the engine. What should I be checking? There is plenty of oil, It has been a couple months since I changed it, the filter is tight no leak there. I don't know if it is safe to ride it or not. Is there any thing else I should be checking?

Mcneuby

·
..have a vulcan good day!
4,508 Posts
Yesterday I was out riding. I noticed that my oil pressure light was on. I shut it down, but I was out away from anything. After a couple minutes I started it up and still no oil pressure. I again shut it off. I was trying to decide if I was going to have to walk it back or what to do. I thought give it one more try, so i started it again. This time the oil pressure light went off. Keeping an eye on it I rode it home. This morning the light out just as soon as I start the engine. What should I be checking? There is plenty of oil, It has been a couple months since I changed it, the filter is tight no leak there. I don't know if it is safe to ride it or not. Is there any thing else I should be checking?

Mcneuby
Highlighted above happened to me.....rode home 'bout 2 miles....no further problems developed.
Pulled filter, nothing but some oil as expected......then pulled
Oil Presure switch, started bike, NO OIL. I was done.
Internal Oil pump $hit the bed !

Might try Seafoam & an Oil & Filter change.

hope this helps...........:|

·
Super Moderator
2,569 Posts
air bubble in the filter can cause this.. make sure to use a filter with anti-drainback valve..

failing oil pressure switch...

intermittant short of pressure switch wiring (usually up near the neck)

·
Registered
7,662 Posts
My oil light was coming on during warmups one season, it would always go back off if I kept the rpm up. After I ran seafoam for a sticky valve, the oil light blinking went away. Ran about 300 miles with the correct amount of seafoam/oil, then changed oil.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oil Pressure

Thanks for your replies. I had the bike out for about an hour and a half today. I kept a close eye on the oil light and there was no problem. It runs like there was never a problem. I guess I will keep riding and keep an eye on it. We are in for a hot week end here in central Illinois. Saturday it is supposed to be up close to 100 degrees. Usually this time of the year we are in the high 70s to the mid 80s.
Climate Change?

Mcneuby

1 - 5 of 5 Posts