Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
cycle zombie
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a little spill that ended up twisting my forks, handlebars and a few other things. I've repaired just about everything but to catch up on my repair progress you can check out my previous thread ( http://www.vn750.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54354 ) . Since I'm now working on the engine I thought I'd start a new thread under the engine section of the forum.

My problem now is the part of the engine case that sticks out in the front, just right of the oil filter where the oil pressure gauge/sending unit screws in. I've had a couple shops look at it and say it needs to be welded but I'm wondering if an engine swap is a better idea. Opinons, engines for sale??

Here are some pics of the damaged engine case and the threaded piece of engine casing that fell off when removing the sending unit bolt. The bolt looks fine and luckily there doesn't appear to be a crack going into the engine block..

Attachments

·
2014 KLR 650!
3,365 Posts
I'd get it welded before buying another engine personally. Or even part out the whole bike and get something else. or screw it back in with gobs of JB weld all around and see if it holds.

·
Dr. Vulcanstein
1,536 Posts
You wouldn't need a whole engine, waste of money imo.....I do have a left case half if your interested pm me.

·
Super Moderator
2,570 Posts
Just looking at the pics... and not comparing it to what is on my bike...

it already looks like someone put a heli-coil in that pressure tap...

·
cycle zombie
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You wouldn't need a whole engine, waste of money imo.....I do have a left case half if your interested pm me.
Is the oil pressure gauge/sending unit port on the left half of the engine case? PM Sent

it already looks like someone put a heli-coil in that pressure tap...
I'd think the same thing but my Dad is the original owner and he didn't put it in there..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts