Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the bike off, the window shows full of oil. When running, the window runs empty. This normal for 4 qts of oil?

Try to idle. It wont. It stalls. It will idle too high, then when I adjust the idle down, it stalls out at 1500rpm.

Throttle will not roll back once it is let go. Throttle cable adjustment required?

Who invented liquid paper and why?

(making a '86 road worthy after sitting in a garage for 13 years...almost done, except for the idling question.)

Thanks

·
Registered
64 Posts
The oil level is correct.

The stalling may be from a hose being off a carb or there is crud in the carbs. Since it has sat for so long I would recommend a carb cleaning / overhaul.

As for the throttle not returning to idle when let go, I would thing that the return spring is broken, linkage is stiff or the cable is binding.

·
HAWK
2,576 Posts
Les Nesmond from the Monkeys mom invented Liquid Paper, She was a Secretary

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
jdegreif said:
The oil level is correct.

The stalling may be from a hose being off a carb or there is crud in the carbs. Since it has sat for so long I would recommend a carb cleaning / overhaul.

As for the throttle not returning to idle when let go, I would thing that the return spring is broken, linkage is stiff or the cable is binding.
Thanks. A hose may be off. I already rebuilt carbs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts