Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The PO of my bike said he just kept putting gasket seal around this fitting because it leaked oil and apparently it is difficult to change the actual gasket on it. Could someone tell me what this is and where I might find a thread that talks about fixing it correctly?

Attachments

·
Registered
7,661 Posts
The PO of my bike said he just kept putting gasket seal around this fitting because it leaked oil and apparently it is difficult to change the actual gasket on it. Could someone tell me what this is and where I might find a thread that talks about fixing it correctly?
Stator grommet

Can try the forum search for it, or anything like Google site search or sometimes I'll just Google with vn750 in front of whatever I'm looking for.

Some replace it, others use various sealers. I think it might be possible to remove the grommet without pulling the engine.

·
Registered
7,661 Posts
Also appears they've rerouted the wires away from the clutch linkage. Which is good if done well.

Looks like it's had a new stator.

·
Registered
7,661 Posts
This is good info! Thanks guys.
If that's JB Weld on there, and they didn't rough up the aluminum then clean it well, that's why it's leaking.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts