Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
I am having about the same problem here. Since I changed the oil filter, I noticed a slight oil leak from under the filter plate. I replaced the original gasket with some liquid gasket. Since that did not help, I thought the best thing would be to get an original paper gasket in there. I installed that one just last sunday, but now it is leaking more oil than ever before! Are you telling me to combine the original paper gasket with the liquid gasket stuff? And can I clean the paper gasket from the leaked oil, or do I order a new gasket?

· Registered
51 Posts
Hey, this is gonna sound really weird. You guys know the chrome filter covers by the front 1st cylinder spark plug hole. Oil is leaking from the intake there. Quite a bit. Then it started dripping out of a random dangling rubber hose like right in front of the oil filter. Not sure whats up with that but im scared as hell right now I don't want anything to be wrong with this bike. I hope someone can help me out. Thanks! Its leaking from the air box housing. Oil came out of there both sides. I hear like a boiling noise as soon as I shut off the bike. I hope this can be solved. Thanks!

· Premium Member
1,811 Posts
It’s probably best you start a new thread with your issues. You’re posting to very old threads.

But to touch on your issue. Too much oil OR a leaky petcock can cause what you’re describing. If the crank case gets too full, oil will find it’s way out anywhere it can. I have dealt with this after storing the bike the first winter I had it, I foolishly left the petcock open and over time fuel made it way into the motor. It was a mess, but an oil change with the correct amount was the solution.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts