Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
shell rotella T 15w-40 is an excellent oil, stay away from energy conserving oils.

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
It's all up to you. The biggest thing is to keep away from any 'energy conserving' types, like TrashLord said.
Check out THIS link for what alot of others use.

·
Registered
553 Posts
I'm not gonna say a word.

·
Once Banned
2,125 Posts
If you are in a hot climate such as Texas, you should use 50w-80. With our wet clutches, you'll need the Energy Conserving version. About $29 a quart. Idn't that right, Woody?

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
cegodsey said:
If you are in a hot climate such as Texas, you should use 50w-80. With our wet clutches, you'll need the Energy Conserving version. About $29 a quart. Idn't that right, Woody?

·
Registered
553 Posts
cegodsey said:
I wasn't going to say anything but since you brought it up in those hot climates you would be best off with 75/140 which is not energy conserving so you have to add a liberal amount of Z-maxx and Slick 50.

DICLAMER: that was joke to all unsuspecting passers buy.
Any good non energy conserving (as posted by Hyper)10/40 to 20/50 will do although I am partial to Syn myself and it does help the engines run cooler, Ask Harley guys who have been to Sturgis with the same bike running Dino one year and Syn another and ask them if they noticed a difference.

·
Search Goddess
2,002 Posts
:boxing: :doh:

cegodsey said:

·
Premium Member
4,054 Posts
cegodsey said:

Come on Ernie! I know the info is crazy, but don't screw with this poor new member asking for help. Shame on you man! Where's the love? Come on, group hug.:beerchug:

·
Search Goddess
2,002 Posts
I warned him.. one of these days a newbie is gonna run off and follow his advice and I'm gonna give them Ernie's address then!
:itchy-scr

(as a side note.. please people, we all love a good laugh, but as a caution, can you close those off with a J/K ( for 'just kidding') like Woody did?)

·
Once Banned
2,125 Posts
Geez. Oh-Kay. Yeah, like my wife says, "Honey, they don't know your sense of humor, you shouldn't have replaced their medicine with Mentos - The Fresh Maker." The way some of us skip lines when we read, it would be best to put it on a paragraph by itself. Like:

Just kidding!

·
Premium Member
741 Posts
Wow! american culture of disclamer in action. it looks like there is no such thing as common sence left... some brainless prerson screws-up while following your direction he misunderstood and next thing you know he sues your A$$.

i liked the signature of one CRR forum members. it reads "Warning! Sarcasm used without advance notice". cegodsey, consider adding it to yours - permanent disclamer.

Why is it people dont want to accept responsibility for THEIR actions?

·
Search Goddess
2,002 Posts
Common sense and common courtesy are oxymorons any more it seems. However.. I do not consider someone that is new to the VN750 coming in and asking a question about their bike and following "advice" they see as a response as either brainless or lacking in common sense.
I didn't have an Owners Manual when I bought my bike used. Didn't have access to a Clymers Manual or Service manual either. It wasn't until I joined some groups and got honest sincere answers to my questions that I started gathering the materials I needed.
I shouldn't have to shift through the sarcasm to find an answer from the ones that should know. So as far as accepting responibility, I think taking responsibilty for sarcasm should be included.
I came to find answers, I stay to help others. I don't think that is too much to ask of anyone.
Just my humble opinion though..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts