Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,054 Posts
Nice job Charlie! Only thing I would add is it will be easier to add the new oil, watching your site glass for the level, if you eventually put the bike on the centerstand, as you will want the bike sitting as level as possible to get the correct reading on the site glass.

Thanks for taking the time to write this up!

·
Premium Member
4,054 Posts
First time I changed the oil in my 1500 when I pulled out the screen and such I freeked! It was all in there backwards. I was thinking what kind of damage the PO had done to the bike. I decided to go in the house and look up the diagrams and sure enough, it was right. It goes in there opposite how the 750 does. So, any of you that help a brother or sister with their bigger cruiser, you might want to look up the diagrams to make sure you know how it goes!

Once again Charlie, nice job on this thread!:beerchug:

·
Premium Member
4,054 Posts
You are fine with the 5w40 Rotella. It's a 40 weight oil that unless you are in arctic temps, will just act like a 10W40 would. The bottom number only comes into play in really frigid temps, and then it only stays that way until the engine starts to warm. You're fine! As far as the final drive oil, I'm pretty sure that info is in the verses, as I've gotten it from somewhere here, but probably someone will offer up that info soon.

·
Premium Member
4,054 Posts
You know how it feels when you have drank a lot of liquid, and to have been holding "it" for what seems like an eternity, and you can't find anywhere to "go", and finally to get the opportunity to "go" and it's like.... AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH......, I'm thinking that's what your bike would be saying, if it could talk. :smiley_th

·
Premium Member
4,054 Posts
If he just changed the oil and filter 200 miles back, then IMO there's no reason you should do a complete oil change. Just put the bike on the centerstand and put a tray under the side drain, open it a little so a small trickle of oil runs out and watch the site glass until you see the small air bubble, and tighten the side drain back up and wipe it down and you're good to go.

·
Premium Member
4,054 Posts
Just a note about the new Rotella T6 Synthetic, according to the Rotella web site:

Notice it says JASO DH-2, MA

Haven't read any test data on this oil yet from the oil forum but I'll bet it gets good numbers...

The Rotella Dyno 15W40 really gets great reviews on the oil forum, and has a better sheer stability than the older synthetic 5W40. That's a really good oil for the money!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.