Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
Looks like ya got what ya need.

Don't be alarmed if the oil light comes on for a little bit once ya fire the bike up.
If it seems like it's staying on too long, ya may have an air pocket in the line somewhere.
Loosening and then re-tightening the filter, while the bike is running (allowing a slight bit of oil to come out) seems to usually get the light to go out.

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
Question #1: No one has said anything about cleaning the oil screen with the high flash-point solvent suggested in the manual. Does anyone do that? Or do you just wipe it off?
A little late gettin' to ya here, but here's my thoughts on this...
I've just used my air compressor, at low pressure, to blow the stuff off the screen. If I were to see 'stuff' built up on it, I'd probably soak or spray it with brake cleaner or something similar, then blow it off again.

Question #2: Should I get a more expensive torque wrench, or is OK to simply be in the ballpark?
If it shows 12, just go about the thickness of the indicator point past that and ya should be fine. I'd stay away from the 20 end of the scale. Sometimes just that much too much can sieze it enough to give ya problems at the next change.

And good point on tipping the bike back and forth Taylor :smiley_th
Always best to get as much as ya can out before adding fresh.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.