Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,875 Posts
Just changed my oil/filter. I can't describe the sweet, satisfied feeling, but purging the dark, toxic sludge and replacing it with clear, pristine oil, and screwing on a fresh filter... all this TLC must be a sensual or mystical metaphor for something... ;)
Charlie, you been sniffing too may oil fumes? :) LOL. Yes, there's something very satisfying about knowing your baby's running on fresh oil. Not sure about the metaphor, it just feels good and gives you a feeling of security knowing you are doing all you can to maximize her time with you.

·
Premium Member
4,875 Posts
Good analogy or parable or metaphor (I don't know which fits best) fergy!

·
Premium Member
4,875 Posts
How do I keep from burning my little pinky when I stick it in to remove the spring, washer, and screen?!

I changed the oil today, a completely satisfying experience, as always. But I have a little blister on the end of my finger from the hot oil, even though I let it drain completely before going after the spring. I don't want to stick a screwdriver in there with that delicate filter screen. Maybe a popsickle stick? A chop stick? Or is there some kind of fingertip technique that I need to try?
Develop a faster finger? I use my first finger, which seems to be a little more heat resitant. As soon as the spring comes out, I drop it onto a piece of newspaper. The screen doesn't seem to be as hot, but it goes on the paper too. Within a minute or two, they're cool enough to handle.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts