Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
yacovi99
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what the stock OEM tires were on a 1999 VN750. I bought the bike with 2100 miles on it and do not know if the tires are the original tires or if they were replaced. they are Bridgestone Exedra front and rear. 100/90-19 and 150/90-15.

·
HAWK
2,576 Posts
My 2001 had Dunlops on it, they may have changed in different years though

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
I spent a few weeks on the VROC forum before I found this one, and got the distinct impression that Kawi was sending out their bikes with Bridgestone tires mounted, at least on the big twins.

·
Calif Rider
725 Posts
I have the bridgestones Exedra on my 2004 and they are the originals, only have 6000 miles so far. It does look like they did put different makes on the different years, or maybe where they were assembled.

·
Super Moderator
11,866 Posts
Does anyone know what the stock OEM tires were on a 1999 VN750. I bought the bike with 2100 miles on it and do not know if the tires are the original tires or if they were replaced. they are Bridgestone Exedra front and rear. 100/90-19 and 150/90-15.
Kawasaki switched off from the Bridgestone Excedraa and the Dunlop's through all model years. The first bikes used Dunlops, then in the 90's they used Bridgestones on an off , depending on availability I am guessing. I know some 2000 models had both tires used , meaning some 750's had Dunlops and some the Bridgestones. I would guess that was not a rare occourance.
My 2006 came with Bridgestones ...And although I do not have it, I think the manual for that year listed both tires too......the owners manual for my '86 says the standard tire is a Dunlop F11A/K425.

If in fact they are the stock tires, being almost ten years old now I would consider replacing them, even if they do not look overly worn. Your tire is your connection to the ground and is pretty important to have it in the best condition possible. Ten year old rubber begins to questionable. Your life does depend on it.

(Oh, and I believe all Vulcan 750's were assembled in the Lincoln Nebraska plant)
KM

·
Registered
721 Posts
my 99 had bridgestone exedras stock...

·
yacovi99
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all of the responses. Since they are 10 years old I will look to replace them in the spring. Probably get the D404s or Me880s if I can save enough money.

·
yacovi99
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I ordered the ME880 Marathon tires today front 110/90-19 and rear 150/90-15 from ronayers. total 220.00 free shipping until end of December. Called a local cycle dealer and he wants 50.00 bucks per tire and that includes the spline lube. thanks for the input.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts