Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a 1997 vn750. When I had the stock tail light on the bike, the running light works excellent but I have no brake light from the front lever or the rear foot lever. I switched over to an led after bobbing the bike and I still have the same issue. As for the turn signals, if the bike is off and I try to use the left or right hand signals the flasher relay will buzz but I have no signals. Running lights work. If I use my 4 way hazards they hyperflash. Front isn't as noticable because running lights are still solid while flashing. "not running led signals" If anyone could possibly help me that would be excellent

·
Super Moderator
2,570 Posts
The buzz and rapid flash with LEDs is solved with an electronic flasher part number EP34 I believe plug in replacement

The other issue needs more diagnostic tests

·
Premium Member
699 Posts
Do you have a copy of the wiring? Looks like both brake switches and the horn share the same circuit coming off the junction box (brown wire)

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
For the brake light, you should be getting 12v out of the blue wire when your brakes are pulled. If neither is supplying voltage, you're probably looking at a wire break in the harness. Hopefully it's right near that connector for the brakes, but you may have to tear apart the loom to find it. Check for voltage at the switches before you dig in just to be sure.

Your flashers unit is probably bad. The other possibility is that the wiring to/from the flasher is mostly corroded away. Check the ohms of the wiring with a multimeter, and replace the unit if the wiring checks out.

The flasher unit can be tested by pulling it out, hooking it up to a 12v power supply and a known good bulb.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Im going to try testing the wires when I get back home. I read up on it and someone had a similar issue and turned out to be his switches. I appreciate the advice!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts