Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Summer's waning guys...first weekend of Aug, a ride to OCC and then some. Gotta be a Saturday though or there wont be anyone in the shop...
Thinking this :

1) ride up as a group from my place starting between 9-10...go straight up and spend a lil time (or if its boring, step 2)

2) stop in at Ted's Motorcyclepedia Museum (depending on time)

3) have a "latish" lunch at Gully's in Newburgh or the Neptune Diner which is right next to the shop

4) do the ride to Bear Mtn (Perkins Memorial) and come back thru the park to my place fer dinner (homecookin !).

-----------------------------------------------------
Im in....KC2 says he can do it...V2K says he's off the whole weekend....
Lets get a few more goin....maybe Matt (Mattman) will be ready, Ken with his 800...mebbe Liberty, and mebbe Pete from Newburgh can meet us there. Flaco, can ya come up that day ?...anyone else centered around say, NY/NJ border is welcome (or anyone else too !).
Could be the last hurrah before summer's done.
Post yer availability here for August 4th here in this thread.

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
August 4th, Saturday.....I am in...I even set the day aside during my vacation just for this ride.

If any members want to meet up and then ride north from NJ, let me know and we can set up a mutual meeting place and then ride north to Wolfie's place like Tom and I did last time.

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Spoke with LP earlier. Said he'd do his best.

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
So far...

Wolfie
KC2
V2K (Tom)
LibertyPilot (probably)

Spoke to Ken (Drifter) in Upper Greenwood...he's (and his dad) going up to Deposit NY for that weekend....else he'd have loved to...he's open for after Aug though...

Any of you Westchester, LI or NYC guys wanna go ?...ya aint that far...would be nice to mebbe get 2-3 more going....

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
Yeah sorry guys, looks like a nice ride, Aug got busy for me, hopefully sept stays somewhat open, I just finished one house project and should start the next, always time for a bike ride in between though.

have a great time gang!

Kenny

·
Registered
6,441 Posts
Hey all, I was just reminded that I bought Old Crow tickets like a year ago for a concert in Philly this Saturday. Not only will I not make this OCC run, I won't make the Hocking Hills gathering either. I'll have to let the fellas know in the post about that. Have fun and take lotsa pics!!!

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
Hey all, I was just reminded that I bought Old Crow tickets like a year ago for a concert in Philly this Saturday. Not only will I not make this OCC run, I won't make the Hocking Hills gathering either. I'll have to let the fellas know in the post about that. Have fun and take lotsa pics!!!
You talking about the Medicine Show,if so i don't blame you.Rock me baby like a wagon wheel,lol

·
Registered
6,441 Posts
^ Indeed I am and that happens to be one of my favorite songs of all time! I've never seen them in concert before and while I was disappointed I'd miss the ride, I got excited about the show. I love their kinda music.

Rock me mama like the wind and the rain, rock me mama like a south-bound train. Heyyyyyyyyyyyyyy mama rock me...

I believe he also says, "caught a trucker outta Philly had a nice long toke..." Nice. :)

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
I have just become a maybe. I will give a response tonight for sure once I get home. It looks like a great ride and even though the event I go to happens just once a year I may do this ride instead. I will let you all know this evening for sure.

Kenny

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
Im in

Count me in, I changed plans, I will do this OCC ride and go wherever our fearless leader takes us.

Saturday is reserved for fun BBQ's and floating places to eat.

Kenny

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Awesome, brother !...you got my number....

Still havent heard a def from V2K (Tom) though....you in bro ?...need to know how much to defrost/make fer dinner...

If we leave my house NLT 10am, think will be perfect timing fer all.
None of the "cross the river guys" yet though, huh ?...meh...whatever extra i take out can either be takehome or my leftovers fer the next week, lol...

·
2000 VN 750 Senior Member
2,494 Posts
Awesome, brother !...you got my number....

Still havent heard a def from V2K (Tom) though....you in bro ?...need to know how much to defrost/make fer dinner...

If we leave my house NLT 10am, think will be perfect timing fer all.
None of the "cross the river guys" yet though, huh ?...meh...whatever extra i take out can either be takehome or my leftovers fer the next week, lol...
At this time, I am a definite "maybe" as the 750 has been getting a bit louder with the chatter and I just got my TOC mcct's in the mail this week. I need to get those in before I put on too many more miles. Last time I saw this thread the head count was down to about two or three so I was thinking it was going to be cancelled. Seems like the usual high interest until it is time to actually committ and then the backouts start. I know it may seem like I am doing the exact thing I just stated as the norm with others but mechanical problems are understandable in my opinion. I would hate to be out on a ride and have the chain jump. The last time I rode with you guys from the north I put on 238 miles by the time I got back down here. I don't mind the miles but I don't want to be on the roadside waiting for a tow. I am going to try to get this done tomorrow or Friday so I will keep in touch. Let me know the final details in the mean time and I will do my best to make it. I have kc2dgq's cell number so I would probably try to meet up with him on my way up north if I can make it. I'll be wrenching as soon as I can clear a few minor things up around the house.

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Not a problem Tom, we understand...its a very legit reason...this ride wont be as long for ya, but still, if yer unsure of the bike, then thats all that'll be on yer mind = crappy ride. The TOCs should be easy...about 15 mins tops...and if ya need help, Im PMing you my number....

Hey Merc...think yer dad may wanna go ?

Im good with 2-3 going too....I just wanna get out in the wind....distance wise...

·
2000 VN 750 Senior Member
2,494 Posts
Not a problem Tom, we understand...its a very legit reason...this ride wont be as long for ya, but still, if yer unsure of the bike, then thats all that'll be on yer mind = crappy ride. The TOCs should be easy...about 15 mins tops...and if ya need help, Im PMing you my number....

Hey Merc...think yer dad may wanna go ?

Im good with 2-3 going too....I just wanna get out in the wind....distance wise...
Thank you for understanding and the offer to help, Wolfie. I think I should have it OK but I just need to make the time to get it done. I will be leaving on vacation to Costa Rica soon and I am getting my deck redone right now plus a few other projects that have to be finished before I leave the country. I think I need a vacation just to take a vacation. I'm just glad I am not in my old job or I would be working 24/7 for two weeks before and two weeks after I get back. That sure destroyed many a vacation. I also still haven't gotten to some of the many bike projects that are pending like the tach swap out, extending the headlight brackets, cleaning up some of the wiring, etc., etc. Plus I want to finish the light bar so I can remount my front turn signals and horns. I think I should retire again and forget about working and just stick with the bike and house projects instead.

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
Hi all. Not sure what this TOC thing is but Tom if it sets your mind at ease I got a trailer that will fit a motorcycle and a truck to tow it if you come on the ride and have issue.

Wolfie, Dad must go to the dirt bike rally in Hancock, NY as he sets it up, this is the first year in a long time I will not be going, but I have more fun riding then watching others ride - go figure.

I did tell my dad tonight about our riding we have been doing and plans for possible more in Sept. He sounded somewhat interested, was asking if you were in the service and how old ya were Wolfie.

Wolfie, tell me when to be at your house, and I will be there, may give a call Thursday or Friday night to confirm. What about all this food you are talking about - want me to donate or pick something up to bring?

Kenny

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I did tell my dad tonight about our riding we have been doing and plans for possible more in Sept. He sounded somewhat interested, was asking if you were in the service and how old ya were Wolfie.
I'll tell ya all that in person... ;)

Wolfie, tell me when to be at your house, and I will be there, may give a call Thursday or Friday night to confirm.
Well, I figured to leave between 9-10, depending on who was goin....10am if folks were coming from a distance. Looks like just we 3 unless Tom finishes. If Tom goes, its 10am, if not, lets do 9:30.

want me to donate or pick something up to bring?
No worries...gonna make a cuke salad nite before and get BIG burger buns (Wolfie burgers require em)...only thing is beverages, and I figure we can get here in town after the ride.
Think I'll thaw the backstrap fri nite too. I got fries, burgers, pork chops, and Andouille sausage...every and any condiment on the planet too...
Just bring a healthy appetite, brother ! And yer cam ! ;)

·
Registered
6,441 Posts
At this time, I am a definite "maybe" as the 750 has been getting a bit louder with the chatter and I just got my TOC mcct's in the mail this week. I need to get those in before I put on too many more miles. Last time I saw this thread the head count was down to about two or three so I was thinking it was going to be cancelled. Seems like the usual high interest until it is time to actually committ and then the backouts start. I know it may seem like I am doing the exact thing I just stated as the norm with others but mechanical problems are understandable in my opinion. I would hate to be out on a ride and have the chain jump. The last time I rode with you guys from the north I put on 238 miles by the time I got back down here. I don't mind the miles but I don't want to be on the roadside waiting for a tow. I am going to try to get this done tomorrow or Friday so I will keep in touch. Let me know the final details in the mean time and I will do my best to make it. I have kc2dgq's cell number so I would probably try to meet up with him on my way up north if I can make it. I'll be wrenching as soon as I can clear a few minor things up around the house.
I should be in the Princeton area tomorrow afternoon if you need a hand or just want to hang out...

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
V2K,
It is pretty straight forward to install and adjust the TOC MCCT, but you can call me if you have any questions.

My set leaked a little through the treads, so I suggest you use a little bit of Teflon tape on the bolt threads before you install them if there isn't some already on there.
Let me know if you are planning on riding Saturday and I will meet you somewhere and we can ride up together.

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Just mapped it, sort of...Bing screwed up a lil...but about a 100mi rounder to and from my house, so a one tanker.

It goes E, F, G direct btw...no matter how many times I corrected, kept adding that extra line...guess MSN wants us to ride past the West Point firing range for some reason, lol...

Oh yeah, if ya got still cams, bring them too...if we leave early enough and make good time, we can even stop at Mikey's "Wolfgang Gallery" in Montgomery.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts