Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have what seems to be the very common issue of a leaky final drive that makes a total mess of my rear wheel. Check out the picture below.
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Locking hubs Tread

Per Fergy's Spline Lube Procedure, I ordered O-Ring part number 92055-1044 and it should arrive shortly. Share with me any tips you have for removing and replacing this O-Ring and I'll include that in my Youtube video that I make in the coming weeks. Also, is this the O-Ring that I will be replacing:

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread

Thanks as always, forum. :)

·
Registered
160 Posts
This isn't a tip on replacing the o-ring and it may not apply to your situation but my rear wheel looked exactly like that when I went to tackle my final drive. I don't remember if it was in this forum or elsewhere but someone suggested that it was more likely a case of previously over-lubed spines than a leaky drive. So far, it seems that information was correct. I cleaned everything up and applied a very conservative amount of high-tack red moly and called it good. It's been about 10k miles and no sign of any oil.

Been enjoying your vids, btw!

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This isn't a tip on replacing the o-ring and it may not apply to your situation but my rear wheel looked exactly like that when I went to tackle my final drive. I don't remember if it was in this forum or elsewhere but someone suggested that it was more likely a case of previously over-lubed spines than a leaky drive. So far, it seems that information was correct. I cleaned everything up and applied a very conservative amount of high-tack red moly and called it good. It's been about 10k miles and no sign of any oil.

Been enjoying your vids, btw!
I'm happy that you've been enjoying the videos. I just got a wireless mic from Amazon for $30, so the voice quality will be improved significantly moving forward!

At first, I thought the mess on the rear wheel was due to me over-lubing back in 2020 when I last did the spline lube. But it just leaked constantly for the 13,000 miles since then and never stopped. So I don't think it's that. I wish it were. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts