Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was a brisk 36 degrees in Greeenwood Lake when I woke this morning...I wondered....leather or Carhartt....Carhartt won....and sure, now I cant find my thinsulate riding gloves....sheit....no matter....Im comitted...go out to the garage to start Bessie....groans a few times and gives me a pop....sheit !....out with the charger....battery low.....5 mins later, hummin nice....Jack shows up....with my fingers crossed, we take of towards Merc's....we get there and Ken and his dad are there, almost ready....lil small talk, we bolt....Kenny leads....
We get down into Jersey past Rt23 (picked up KC), and hook up with Dave and his daughter on their Wings....we all take off towards Rt80....
Buzzin west on 80...averaging 65-75 was chilly, but doable....lil warmer down there than up here by me. 8 whole degrees, lol...Bessie was doin good, but was breaking up just a lil bit after 70mph....we got to Stroudsburg and went to the diner....oppps...wrong one Ken...he checks the GPS and just a few mins later, were at the right one....
So now the 6 of us spend awhile bsing and jawing with the 6 other riders...warmed up some, so we decided to boogie....
Kenny led until 209, then I took the lead....was sweet ridin north along the Delaware....very little traffic, but the black walnut trees were shedding and needed to be watched....one of the 209 bridges that was wiped out by Sandy was STILL out, so I had planned my own lil detour atound it. Nice lil well maintained twisties, but was a crime they were only 35mph. After awhile, we rolled into Milford, PA and all stopped for fuel and a snack/smoke break....
We talked and decided to take old Rt6 to Newburgh instead of the Interstate. Was nice....
Eventually made it to OCC, and it was more boring than last time I was there....now they even have a bowling alley there....whats next, a sideshow ?....there was one bike I really admired there though....they'd done up a 1937 WL and used the original engine....my type of bike...
Paul Sr drove by us in his caddy when we were leaving, and waved, lol....
We rode another 2 mins down the road to this great diner I knew of and had a great lunch....after that, was getting a lil late, so the Penn crew opted out of the museum tour....mebbe next time guys...so 9 of us went to the museum....seemed like most liked the place, many hadnt been there, and I got to talk to my old friend Ted for awhile (he and his dad started the museum), and it brought back old memories of when I first started building Harleys in the 70s....them 2 done well there....all for the love of 2 wheels...
Hope all had a great time, and we'll do it or similar again sometime....next time we go there in Summer though, so we can eat at Gully's !! \

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
tell you what wolfie...pick a saturday in next may or june and we will do it all again. this time skip occ and head straight to the museum

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
I enjoyed the ride and the company....the weather was decent and I think for the size of the group we had with people we never rode with....Today was a total success!

I hope everyone made it home safe and sound, and hopefully we can do it all again sometime. Thanks again to Shark88, JoeinPa, and Goofin for meeting up with us and joining us. I know you guys came a long way and I for one appreciate the effort!! :beerchug:

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
Theres that big Dealership in PA I would love to see.

kenny

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,222 Posts
Cool pics.glad you all had fun.gonna get you guysa writeup of Catskill mountain thunder .that was fun,except Melissa decided she wanted a ride home.at least she got me there.i'll leave thst for the writeup .

·
2,527 Posts
I figured it was about 420 miles round trip for me. Had a great time. I'm sure we'll hook up again soon!

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
Here is a link to some photos I took when I was able.....unfortunately, the video camera wasn't cooperating with me when I was at the back of the pack and trying to record.

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
....heh....I finally made one of Kenny's vids....usually, Im up front, and he's all the way on the tail.....

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,222 Posts
....heh....I finally made one of Kenny's vids....usually, Im up front, and he's all the way on the tail.....
I thought there was something funny about you two;) and now video ?

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Was the first group ride of ours he was actually right behind me....all the others he's a 1/10 mile away, lol.....

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,222 Posts
I'll let it slide because he is kinda cute;).

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
I'll let it slide because he is kinda cute;).
you are starting to scare me Doc.....

Wish you could have been with us on this ride....maybe next time!

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well....Kenny does remind me a lil of a furry Pillsbury Dough Boy....lol....*runs back into the woods quickly*....

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,222 Posts
you are starting to scare me Doc.....

Wish you could have been with us on this ride....maybe next time!
Helll if i scare you just imagine how bad i scare myself .lol.wish i was there.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,222 Posts
Well....Kenny does remind me a lil of a furry Pillsbury Dough Boy....lol....*runs back into the woods quickly*....
Does he make tollhouse cookies ?how about cresent rolls ?nice David Mann pic,by the way.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts