Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this answer is somewhere obvious in the forum, I looked and couldn't find anything.

I've changed the oil and the coolant in my bike (couldn't have done it without you guys!) and now i'm looking to change the brake fluid just so I know all the critical fluids have been changed by me and when they were last done.

So, next up is the brakes. I've done a little digging and I think I'm going to pick up those speed bleeders and have a one way valve to keep air from coming back in during the bleeding process. 7 bucks a piece seems like a winner to me as someone without experience doing this job.

My question is this, how many bleed valves do I need to order? I'm at work so I can't get to the bike right now but I'd like to place an order for the valves as soon as possible. I'm assuming there's two on the front, but is there just one on the back or two back there as well?

Do I need 3 or 4 valves? (according to the Speedbleeder website, Kaw's are all the same-front or rear).

Thanks in advance!

·
The Professor
3,147 Posts
Sorry if this answer is somewhere obvious in the forum, I looked and couldn't find anything.

I've changed the oil and the coolant in my bike (couldn't have done it without you guys!) and now i'm looking to change the brake fluid just so I know all the critical fluids have been changed by me and when they were last done.

So, next up is the brakes. I've done a little digging and I think I'm going to pick up those speed bleeders and have a one way valve to keep air from coming back in during the bleeding process. 7 bucks a piece seems like a winner to me as someone without experience doing this job.

My question is this, how many bleed valves do I need to order? I'm at work so I can't get to the bike right now but I'd like to place an order for the valves as soon as possible. I'm assuming there's two on the front, but is there just one on the back or two back there as well?

Do I need 3 or 4 valves? (according to the Speedbleeder website, Kaw's are all the same-front or rear).

Thanks in advance!
TWO. :beerchug: None in the rear.

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what she said.

:beerchug:

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Lance, THANK YOU. You are the man. I'm ordering them as soon as I hit the submit button!

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
Hey 04, the reason why, is that the rear brakes are mechanical, not hydralic. The rear brake pedal actuates a combination cable and metal rod, no fluids involved. :smiley_th

1 - 4 of 4 Posts