Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my bike made a popping noise...

I changed my plugs to the NGK iridium because it was having a bit of a hard time starting when it was warm. Then I decided to check on the air filters, and look what I found. \/

Close up

Ground

Not sure where it came from. I hope it was there when I bought it. I do not have any corn in my garage, nor do the neighbors put out corn. If it is from when I had it, I am going to have to check every now and then...

·
Registered
796 Posts
Mothballs or dryer sheets does the trick when in storage or just get a cat to hang out in the garage for a while.

How about you name your bike "Jiffy-Pop"? OOOOH so sorry but I had too. lol

To avoid future problems put some metal screen mesh over the air hole. Some 2 part epoxy works great to secure it without having to put a bunch of rivets or screws.

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
That picture is hilarious when combined with the statement about the bike popping.
The mouse problem is probably not so funny to you though. Good luck with exterminating the little vermin.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mothballs or dryer sheets does the trick when in storage or just get a cat to hang out in the garage for a while.

How about you name your bike "Jiffy-Pop"? OOOOH so sorry but I had too. lol

To avoid future problems put some metal screen mesh over the air hole. Some 2 part epoxy works great to secure it without having to put a bunch of rivets or screws.

I was thinking of "Orville" as in Redenbacher ;)

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That picture is hilarious when combined with the statement about the bike popping.
The mouse problem is probably not so funny to you though. Good luck with exterminating the little vermin.
I suspect that it came from the previous owner as this is the first I opened them.

·
Registered
6,446 Posts
LOL!! I thought this was a joke! "Popping sound" then finding corn in you air cleaner!! That's the craziest thing I've seen on a bike!!! Maybe the PO was making a getaway through a corn field on the bike. Doubt it.

·
Calif Rider
725 Posts
I would say that if you do have mice troubles or birds. Try plugging the square hole on the left, it looks like you do not have the air box anymore. It sure is a different way of carrying food for a long trip.

·
Premium Member
4,054 Posts
I'd hate to see the picture when someone post their bike is running like crap:doh:
That made me laugh out loud! :beerchug:

Craziest thing I've seen. If there's no bags of corn around where you park the bike, I'd have to think it was there since the PO had it. Pretty funny thread though!

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
THIS REALLY WORKS!!!

We have chickens, ducks, geese, cats, dogs, bats, rats, and mice. This is the only trap that really works and is easy to use. We used a pop can for the bait holder rather than a coffee can.

mouse trap

DT

·
Concert connoisseur
2,231 Posts
I've seen the corn pellet stoves but never a corn pellet bike, alternative form of fuel maybe. you can tell everyone you get about 54 kernels a mile!

I found a family of dead baby moles in the breather of my truck and van!

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
I've saw filters that looked like things would grow on them, but wouldn't have thought someone would actually plant on'em...lol...
PS-Don't use much fertilizer on the corn, its pretty darn corosive...:beerchug:...
Have a good one...Old Dog...

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just think of how many trips the mouse made!
Or the feeling that he now has "I know I put that corn SOMEWHERE..."

That is how I feel today. "I know I put that <insert one of several items> SOMEWHERE...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts