Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got it running after the winter storage, and it ran like a dream. Then it sat for about a week as it was cold here in the Great White North and then it would not start again. I did the same steps as previous and got it going...ran beauty eh...so I'm wondering if it just needs to be started and ran more or if there might be a problem brewing that I need to be aware of. Any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
1,803 Posts
So I got it running after the winter storage, and it ran like a dream. Then it sat for about a week as it was cold here in the Great White North and then it would not start again. I did the same steps as previous and got it going...ran beauty eh...so I'm wondering if it just needs to be started and ran more or if there might be a problem brewing that I need to be aware of. Any suggestions?
I would first check the plugs for moisture, gap, and possibly replacement. I would then drain the fuel bowls and remove the drain screws. I would then squirt carb cleaner ( alot ) into the drain hole to flush out the floats. It should start. I would then add 1/4 can of SeaFoam to a fresh tank of gas and run the bike fairly hard to clean out the jets.
By the way, you live in a beautiful part of the Country. Went thru there on my way to Lake Superior.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts