Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
1986 VN750
3,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
2,520 Posts
There's one on North Jersey's craiglist for $225.
Click here

·
Registered
121 Posts
looks like it is missing 2 of the rubber bushings on the bottom. Good news is when I bought mine of the guy on here (who i would never deal with again) I called mustang and they send me all new rubber to put on the bottom of the seat free of charge.

·
2,520 Posts
wow...right around the corner from me. i am working today, but I may give him a call to go take a look later.
If you don't call him, I just might......

·
Registered
441 Posts
oh well.. didnt get the one on ebay.. but did get the extended backrest.... 1 for 2

i would like to call on that seat as well

·
Registered
441 Posts
dude wont ship the one in Jersey.. Any members there want to work out a deal to go get the seat and I will pay for the seat and shipping

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
I just called the guy to go take a look at it. He isn't going to be home today, so I will go over there maybe Tuesday after work if he is around.

He claims he also has the pad for the extended back rest to match.

I plan on buying it for that price. Gonna try to get it for the ride up to Americade this coming weekend for a test ride. If the wife and I don't love it...I will put it up for sale.

·
Registered
441 Posts
i understand.. i got the backrest today on ebay.. if you dont want the seat.. i'll be ready for it

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
i understand.. i got the backrest today on ebay.. if you dont want the seat.. i'll be ready for it
you are on the short list...lol
This guy sounds kinda funny on the phone...and he isn't where the add says he is....so we shall see how it goes.
I asked if I could bring the bike and test fit it on mine before taking it with me and he kinda started getting flustered.....lol

SO..tell me Pittdave...what rubber pieces are missing, and how do you know?

·
romeobravo172
842 Posts
There is 4 rubber pieces on the bottom, looks like sits on the frame, think directly under main seat. My Mustang was a perfect match to the bike to mount, same as stock.

·
Registered
441 Posts
i dont know that anything is missing.. i think another poster said that.. like romeo said.. it goes straight on.. but if you dont want it.. get in touch with me quick

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
I got it last night....and it does not seem to want to fit properly. I am working on getting it installed today.

FYI: he has a set of stock heat shields and an extended sissy bar with the mustang backrest cushion.

I didn't have the cash or I would have taken everything home to see if anyone here needed them.

·
Registered
441 Posts
ok.. let me know how it goes with the seat

btw.. what are the heat shields??

ive already got an extended backrest..it should arrive today

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
ok.. let me know how it goes with the seat

btw.. what are the heat shields??

ive already got an extended backrest..it should arrive today
The heat shields are for the stock exhaust...the clamp on parts to protect your legs from burning....but they are really more for eye candy...lol

I got the seat mounted .....I had to remove some material from the bottom to accommodate the mounts and rails for the Fire and Steel luggage rack. also had to modify my saddle bags to make room....what a bi_ch!

The seat is hard as hell...was still in the mustang bag and barely used....but seems OK...off to Americade tomorrow and hopefully I can break in the seat.

·
Registered
441 Posts
As soon as i hit send.. It hit me as what the heat shields are.. I have the same luggage rack and saddlebag setup.. Good to know it all fits.. Have fun at Americade and let me know how the seat works out

·
2,520 Posts
The seat should feel better the more you ride it.......Glad it worked out for you.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts