Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my 2nd speedo cable, its nice to know how long i have driven once again.

Other then sprockets and chains this bike never gave me any issues.

52000+ miles and it runs like a champ.

In maintenance other then oil and such, I would guess no more then $500 for sprockets, chains, speedo cables, a clutch cable once and valve shims.

$500 for 50K is not a bad deal that's only a 1 cent / mile maintenance rate.

kenny

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,076 Posts
yeah i know the feeling.replaced forks on Mellisa and decided to rob the speedo drive off of one of my spare wheels.

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
I own a 2000 vulcan drifter 800

kenny
Cool!

When I first read the post I was thinking "what sprockets and chain??"... you don't have a signature that shows what bike you own, so I just had to ask lol.

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cool!

When I first read the post I was thinking "what sprockets and chain??"... you don't have a signature that shows what bike you own, so I just had to ask lol.
i should make a signature i guess

·
Registered
6,439 Posts
Dollars to grams, man! Just goes to show: you take of her, she'll take care of you. I put 15k on the meanie since I got her. I put a new battery in her, replaced all the plugs, and changed the oil and she's purrin' like a kitten. I was on her every day over the last 9 days, it's been beautiful out lately. I even strapped the roll bag on the luggage rack and took her food shopping. Because of the candy gold spark color, I constantly get chatted up in traffic, I freekin' love it! Glad you got her taken care of and are out and about as much as I am...

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
That is a good dollar to mile ratio,Kenny,I haven't figured mine but on the 1500 I would venture to say mine has been close to that as well.

If i include upgrades and add ons it would go way down.That is the nice thing about low maintenace cost.We get to spend money on more CLAP(chrome, leather accessories and power).

Or in LP's case, expensive watches for someone else ;)

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
Dollars to grams, man! Just goes to show: you take of her, she'll take care of you. I put 15k on the meanie since I got her. I put a new battery in her, replaced all the plugs, and changed the oil and she's purrin' like a kitten. I was on her every day over the last 9 days, it's been beautiful out lately. I even strapped the roll bag on the luggage rack and took her food shopping. Because of the candy gold spark color, I constantly get chatted up in traffic, I freekin' love it! Glad you got her taken care of and are out and about as much as I am...
I know different animal, but I had my Sportster about a year when I put in a new battery, it seemed to hesitate on a compression stroke and would pass it and crank fine, I thought the battery was just a tad weak and bought another AMG and it did fine awhile, and then the same thing, turns out it is the connections are small and about any loosening or close to corrosion causes the problem... I checked the old battery about a week ago and after setting in the garage about 2 yrs. it took the trickle charger about 1-2 mins. to top off... I wasted the battery money...lol... Just sayin...
Have a good one...Old Dog...

·
Registered
6,439 Posts
I know different animal, but I had my Sportster about a year when I put in a new battery, it seemed to hesitate on a compression stroke and would pass it and crank fine, I thought the battery was just a tad weak and bought another AMG and it did fine awhile, and then the same thing, turns out it is the connections are small and about any loosening or close to corrosion causes the problem... I checked the old battery about a week ago and after setting in the garage about 2 yrs. it took the trickle charger about 1-2 mins. to top off... I wasted the battery money...lol... Just sayin...
Have a good one...Old Dog...
I did that too actually, I revived the old battery twice before replacing it. In fact I had a new battery on hand when I needed it because of that! LOL!!! I could get all 12 volts out of it but it still didn't have enough juice to turn the engine over. It was the amperage - the meanie forum guys came through for me on that one. The new battery works great. I didn't like playing with acid in the garage but I made it work...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts